Friday, July 20, 2018

Engagement Wishes for Chantz

Well, I did a quick count today and I have (at least) 47 cards in my Drafts... so it really is time to get some of them outta there!  Today's card is one of the oldest ones; it was made for my son Chris's friends Chantelle and Jesse's engagement in January... two years ago!  As they are getting married very soon I thought it was time to share their engagement card
This is a deceptively simple card, well it was for me.  I scoured Pinterest looking for images and thought "how hard can it be?", hmph.  I cut and trimmed and glued and fiddled for hours with the damn thing, it looks okay in the end but tbh it should look spectacular for the time it took :-) at least it's a shaker card, so a little bit different
I used heavy linen card (which I like to use for my "special cards", Chantelle merits "special" - Chris has been friends with her since pre-school...  they are now 34 and still best buds.  Here's another card I made for one of her "special" birthdays :-)  I cut the glass shapes using an MFT die called Layered Champagne, I had to trim it up a bit as I had real trouble lining up the inside and the outside layers - I think the shaker effect is better shown by having the window see-through all layers, of course, next time it gets a shaker stuck to the front and I don't have to line anything up, lol
I filled the glasses with gold flatbacks from my stash, sticking a few extra ones to the outside of the card to represent bubbles escaping from the glasses, and a few on the corners of the gold foil card to make it look a bit more finished.  The "Congratulations" is a sticker.  Lastly I added a couple of bows in off white ribbon... this ribbon was actually from when I made my son and daughter in law's wedding cake (here's a pic if you're interested)  I added a couple of bows to the inside cover piece too... they actually cover the piece of tape I put across the top of the stem to stop the "bubbles" falling down to the bottom of the glass!
As you could see right through to the part of the card you'd write on I made a "flap" to cover that up, I just hinged it with a piece of gold card, and more of the ribbon and another bow, worked perfectly - though it is another step that wouldn't be necessary if I'd just stuck the shaker to the front... tell me it was all worth it!
And that was that (FINALLY) done 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges
As You Like It Wants to know what's your favourite, Ribbons or Buttons and Why: I like ribbon because it can be used simply as ribbon or for bows, it keeps cards flat (for postage) and tends to stay stuck (unlike buttons on occasion).  That said I use ribbon sparely, despite having hundreds of metres (no exaggeration) I also tend to use it on more feminine cards... on masculine cards buttons are a definite go-to
Simon Says Challenge Use a Die or Punch
Cardz 4 Galz Food or Drink
That's it for today.  I will be back very soon (I am making a concerted effort to at least get to this year's cards in my Drafts!) I have made a couple of cards that I'm quite excited to share, using "different" techniques; of course by the time I DO share them they'll be old hat, lol.
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna

24 comments:

JoyfulStamper said...

The gold is so classy. I really like your card. Thank you for submitting it to us and good luck!

hugs, Joy
craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Elizabeth Hart said...

This is amazing - I love the white and gold and who doesn't love a fabulous shaler card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creatalicious Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Digi Choosday Crafting
DT Maria

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Angie Scrapchild said...

Very elegant!!
Angie Scrapchild Dt for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au

The Red Mullet Band said...

Nice cards! I love them
Thanks for joining us!
Ana Isabel Dt Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog

Tammy said...

What a stunning engagement card, I love the beautiful shaker design! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!
Tammy x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh Wow this is truly gorgeous and amazing all in one. Wonderful work here.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

Creative world said...

Beautiful card and awesome design...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY challenge this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Wendy R. said...

Beautiful & classy! I know the fiddly bits well, oh the joys of shaker cards (not!) hahahaha Thank you for joining us at Cardz4Galz xx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 4CC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Donna Walls said...

From one Donna to another - beautiful card! Donna - www.duncanstreetdesigns.blogspot.com

Misty Elam said...

This is gorgeous!! You have more patience than I. I would have abandoned it well before the finish line. hahaha I think it's worth it though. It's stunning!! What a great idea to have a hidden compartment for your message. Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
Misty

N-Eva said...

Love the design of your card! Awesome job! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges.Neva

VEANA R. said...

Amazing wedding card! Great idea of two shaker glass !
Thank you for playing with us at Card Mania Challenge ! Wish you good luck !
Hugs, Veana R.-DT
https://veanar1.blogspot.com/

Monica C. said...

Such a pretty card and the use of a shaker for the glasses is a great idea.
Thank you for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.
Monica C. DT CWAA

Shylaashree said...

the gold glitters and the golden beads adds more beauty. A great card.Thanks for playing along with us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Shylaa DT@Polkadoodles
Adhiraacreations

Rhodidodi said...

Gorgeous card. The shaker element used with the glasses is stunning. thank you for entering our challenge at Creatalicious Challenges.

chanya13 said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Card Mania Challenges!

NanaConnie said...

Spectacular shaker card, Donna! Great project. So glad to see you playing along at Crafting with an Attitude.
NanaConnie

Shylaashree said...

visiting again for card mania challenge. Good luck and thanks for playing along with us at Card Mania Challenge. Hope to see you again
Shylaa DT@CMC
Adhiraacreations

Larissa said...

Gorgeous card Donna! Such an elegant design. Thanks so much for joining us at As you like it challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Annette said...

A beautiful engagement card and I hope the wedding goes well.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
Dies to Die For,
Squirrel's not-so-random Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional no patterned papers” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…