Monday, September 30, 2019

An Elegant Lady for an Elegant Lady

The card I have for today I made for my friend's birthday last year.  As it is her birthday again on Friday I thought it was time I posted the pics of last years.  Mind you, I still haven't put up the pics of my nephew's wedding card, and he's been married three years in March, lol.  For today though, here's Andrena's birthday card :-)
This is one of those cards that looked much nicer in real life, I'm sure you know the type I mean, lol.  The cream background paper has a lovely pearl sheen to it.  The "lady" is black velvet... and the black filigree and silver backing the ladies dress up is glittery, the sentiment is too.
The trellis die and the lady die I used were all bought from AliExpress.  The rhinestone trim is from my stash, one of my many "treasures" brought back from Malaysia by my Mum, many happy moons ago
I finished the inside of the card much the same as the outside, the flower dies are MFT Plentiful Petals and the leaves are Sue Wilson Faux Quilled Leaves

Here's a bit of a closeup of the velvet lady....  that velvet paper is all gone now, I only had a scrap and another pic showing the glittery goodness of the black glitter paper 
I added a foam dot and a piece of Card Candi (I have so MUCH of this stuff, lol) to the centre of the flower to finish it off.
That's it for today's card. 
As You Like It has the theme: What is Your Favourite CAS or FAFF, and why... I love "fully loaded" cards, but I just struggle to achieve the look myself.  I like SOME embellies, so this card represents "my" favourite... tending to the CAS, but not exactly CAS


CAS(E) this sketch has this sketch
Addicted to  Stamps For a Lady/Girl
Cute Card Thursday Sentimental
Aud Sentiments Anything Goes + a Sentiment
Happy crafting until next time, Donna

10 comments:

N-Eva said...

Your wedding card is beautiful and so elegant looking. Love the combination of colours and pretty design! . Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Creatalicious Challenges . Hugs Neva

Doreen said...

This is so elegant,just gorgeous.Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

Petra-loves-paper said...

It's a fantastic card, a good thing you are showing it here and now although it's an older one, she looking at worth it! Thanks for joining digichoosday challenge, greetings Petra

Di said...

Wow Donna - what a terrific card. VERY elegant - I totally love it.

Hugs

Di xx

Joy Wilson said...

Gorgeous card! I love the bling! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Stunning elegant card!

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
Regards,
Rijacki

TTCRD DT
Rijacki's Workshop
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Sue Crease said...

Beautiful image on this card, I'm sure she loved it. Thanks for sharing at Digichoosday this week.

Zw@@n said...

Beautiful card, Donna. Gorgeous colours and I love the details. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional circles” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

Jirawadee Susanthitapong said...

Gorgeous card! I love all the blings. Thank you for joining Addicted to Stamps challenge.
Sai