Thursday, September 12, 2019

Dino Baby


Today's card is one I made for my nephew's little boy's first birthday.  He loves dinosaurs, andI loved making this card in a box!

The image is from Cute as a Button, coloured with Prismacolor pencils.  The paper is from a pad I bought in Spotlight … it was as cheap as chips and is REALLY heavy, well printed.  Of course, I bought one pad, and I'm not sure they do it any more, sigh
I cut the balloons from snippets of blue and yellow cardstock - I really do keep the smallest bits, they do come in handy for these "little" embellishments - using a die from Paper Smooches, I added some coloured pencil shading and Glossy Accents for that shine and some baker's twine "strings"
The numeral "1" is a wooden one, coloured up with Star Dust Stickles added.  I had to use a heavier weight acetate to hold it up as it was quite heavy, but it still managed to bob around quite nicely :-)
The grass is cut with Lawn Fawn's Grassy Borders die, the banner is cut with (I think) a MFT die, the little flower is a punch and the pearl in the middle was white, I coloured it with a Copic marker to suit.  The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from Elizabeth Crafts, I beliive.  The gold cord and tiny blue dragonfly are from my stash.
I added a jotting panel to the rear of the card, and the piece of patterned paper at the bottom served as a pocket for the gift voucher we gave him
That's it for today.  I would like to enter in the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown Pile it On
Give a Crafter a Cookie
Pixies Snippets Playground Use Snippets (balloons)
Cupcake Inspirations Blue and Yellow
Give a Crafter A Cookie Picture to left... bunting and "Happy Birthday"
Send a Smile for Kids Anything Goes for Kids
I'll try and get back soon... I have had my implant done now, accompanied by my normal EXTREME pre-op anxiety... and the meltdown immediately after when the surgeon told me I could not wear my plate for a week until I had the stitches out and he could look at adjusting it to not interfere with the implant.  
I did not set foot out of the house for the entire week, I found the whole thing distressing and am so glad I am on this side of it.  The pain was minimal (unlike the block graft, which was pretty uncomfortable and the swelling and bruising were quite heavy) but the blow to my self-esteem was surprising even to me, I was completely miserable and felt very low.  Ah well, done now, just got to wait for the final stage of healing... it looks good so far... and in 60 - 90 days I can get the crown made and be done once and for all.  At least I've got my magic plastic back in as of yesterday... soooooo glad about that!
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna 

14 comments:

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful pop up box! Love your colouring and gorgeous design. Thank you for playing along at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck!
Hugs
Gina xx

Joy Wilson said...

Super fun project! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Di said...

Gorgeous card Donna! I love making these particular cards - they're a labour of love but so effective. Yours is just perfect!

Hugs

Di xx

Elizabeth Hart said...

Oh so cute - I love this dino box! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Ruthie Lopez said...

awww this card in a box is so beautiful!! love the colors!
Thank you for joining us @ Polkadoodles Challenge ,
Ruth
@ My Hobby My Art

Deanne Saunders said...

Oh my goodness!!! So cute!!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

World of Michael Trent said...

Oh my gosh...this is adorable!!! I am sure your nephew's son loved this amazing card. Thanks for joining us on the If You Give A Crafter A Cookie Challenge Blog!!

Sandy said...

Love your adorable box card! So cute! Thank you for joining in on our Blue & Yellow Challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations.
-Sandy, DT

Anonymous said...

I love a pop up box and this one is just adorable. Thanks for sharing and participating at If You Give a Crafter a Cookie. I wish you luck.
Dawn DT

Ann-Marie said...

Oh I just love this, it's such a cute little make. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles and hope you will join us again.

Take care,
Ann-Marie (DT)
My Little Patch of Heaven

Christine Kiehl said...

What an adorable explosion card you crafted!

Kory Bello said...

It is a beautiful card, so cute colors you used ..
Thank you very much for participating with us in The Corrosive challenge Blog.

Kory B. DT.

Julie said...

Cute box card
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Pattern Paper Challenge
Julie T

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional humour” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)



PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…