Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Fairy 5th Birthday

The card I have today was the one I made for my darling granddaughter Emily for her 5th birthday... I haven't blogged her 4th birthday card yet, but this one jumped out at me from my drafts so this is 'it" :-)  It is a combination shaker and hidden-sentiment card... a real "mover and shaker" lol.  The photos are a little dark, not much I can do about it now though!
Here is the "hidden" element NOT "hidden" :-)  and Here's a link to the tutorial I used to help make the Pull Tab for the sentiment, thanks to Jenny McGuire :-) I typed the sentiment using Fiolex Girls font... the little hearts were a hit with Miss Em :-)
The gorgeous image is a digi from (sadly now defunct) Anita Be Stampin', her name is Meadow.  She fit the bill perfectly for Emily, being a fairy, that I could add copious amounts of pink, purple and shiny stuff to :-))
Her wings are quite heavily "black" so I printed her using my laser printer and added some Gold Decofoil to them using my laminator... it looks REALLY good IRL
I coloured the image with Copics and added some detail with  Prismacolor pencils, then fussy cut itand popped it up on some foam dots.
I cut the shaker window with a set of heart shaped dies I've had for years, can't remember the brand... X something, lol.
I backed it with some glittery white card and filled the shaker with all sorts of glittery gemstones and heart and flower-shaped "bits".  I added some double sided ribbon around the base of the shaker, to cover all the foam used to build up the receptacle part  I added two strips of the same ribbon to the bottom of the card and a bow to the heart.
The paper is digital from Nitwit Collections (it's from the Fairytale Dreams FQB, or possibly "Fairytale Too" which are additional papers for the same set.  
The inside of the card has one of the borders from the set on as well
The number 5 on the front is wooden, coloured with Jo Sonja's acrylic paint then embossed with Bridal Tinsel EP.  I used foam letters to make the "Emily" on the inside, colouring them with a Copic marker before adding Ice Stickles for that essential sparkle.  I added a little pink acrylic butterfly... to cover a smudge actually :-)
That's it for Emily's 5th Birthday card.  I'd like to enter in the following challenges: 
Addicted to  Stamps Anything But a Square
As You Like It Favourite: "Birthday or Christmas and Why" - I like making Christmas cards because, well it's CHRISTMAS, but I like making birthday cards because you can personalise them.. and make them for the special little peeps in your life like in this case :-)
Sasayaki Glitter Hearts and Stars
The Paper Shelter Letters and/or Numbers
Fab'n'Funky Challenges With a Number
Little Red Wagon Move On ( have a moveable element)
Pile It On Pretty in Pink
I will be back soon... I have to have more surgery on my mouth next week (a block bone graft this time) and anticipate having to spend time home... I am SO nervous about the recovery from this one!  I don't "have" to go any further with the implant process, but the bone graft is necessary so I suppose I just have to suck it up this go round!
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna x

24 comments:

Sharon said...

Gorgeous very pretty card. Thanks for playing along with us at CCT.x

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Awesome creation Donna, your image is gorgeous and beautifully colored. I love all the pink as well. Thanks so much for playing at The Paper Shelter Challenge Number and/or Letters theme this week. Hugs:) Audrey DT

Marlies said...

A gorgeous birthday card for your granddaughter. A lovely design and a cute fairy. Fab colouring! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Rachel Webber said...

Such a gorgeous shaker card! Thank you for joining us at Fab n Funky xx Rachel (DT)

Elaine Stark said...

A fabulous card. Emily will love it. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Donna. I'm sure Emily loved it. Such a sweet image made more lovely with your amazing colouring. Hope all goes well for you this week...gives me shivers just thinking about it. Sending hugs. Pat K xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card fro your granddaughter. Love the shaker element and the sweet image. So pretty.
Lorraine x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Donna, wonderful shaker design.
Wendy xx

Shirley-Anne said...

So pretty Love whimsical creatures like fairies . Just perfect for a little girl . thanks for sharing with us here at http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
Good luck with your entry
Shirley-Anne DT

Joy Wilson said...

Oh my goodness this is precious!! And you betcha I'm gonna watch the tutorial! I love this card and hope she loves it. I love it! Thank you so much for sharing with us today and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy dt member
Joyfully Stamps
Crafty Creations Challenges

ps... Happy 5th Birthday!!!

Brenda said...

Such a wonderful card! I love that you did double duty with "mover and the shaker". Thanks for "moving it" over at the Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

Jane Savage said...

Such a gorgeous shaker card! I love the hidden element! Good luck with your op!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

The Red Mullet Band said...

Amazing card! Love it!
Thanks for joining us!
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator at Corrosive Challenge blog.

Catrin Goodwin said...

Great Shaker card! love the colour -thank you for sharing it with us over at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge! -Good luck

Catie Cuddles said...

Beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge. Happy crafting! Catherine x DT

Anne said...

Fabulous card, thanks for joining in with the AYLI 'Birthday or Christmas' challenge

Anne x
https://learningtojive.blogspot.com/
http://asyoulikeitchallenge.blogspot.com/

Ribbon Girl said...

Pretty card Donna. Thanks for joining in with the Polkadoodles Digi choosday Crafting Challenge, best of luck, hope to see you here again, Mary x

Koraliki Beaty said...

love shaker box. your is great. Thanks for sharing at Polkadoodles. Best regards DT Beata

BożenA said...

A great design. Very sweet and beautiful card. Thank you for joining our challenge. Crafting With An Attitude.
Greetings,
Bożena DT CWAA

Donna Walls said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious Challenges and best of luck in the draw. Donna - DT Member

NanaConnie said...

Oh, what a sweet shaker card, Donna! We're tickled to see you playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Crafting with an Attitude this month. Thanks and good luck.
NanaConnie DT

Creative world said...

Awesome shaker card,great colors and design...Thank you for joining us at A Gem of A Challenge ,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Keti's Projects said...

What a sweet shaker and interactive card. Your are the best grandma. Love it in pink. Thank you for joining us at Pile it on February Challenge and be sure to check our our March challenge too. Keti (DT)

Lidia R. said...

Hi !! So adorable card, I love shaker cards :)
Thanks a lot for playing with us at The Corrosive Challenge Blog.
Hope to see you again in the next challenge.
Lidia DT
My blog http://belloamanecercr.blogspot.com/
DT at http://mybestiesspanishchallengeblog.blogspot.com/