Sunday, April 07, 2019

Lemon and Lime Birthday Time

I'm back today with a card I made for my lovely Daughter in Law's birthday
... I coloured it to match the birthday cake I made for her, which was lemon and lime flavour - her fave :-) and decorated with stripes.  I made an easel card - my fave (or one of them, lol)
The image is Stampin' Bella Brittany Birthday Girl.  I stamped on Linen card, using my stamping platform... so much better, but still room for improvement :-)
I had a little strip of stripey lemon-ish card that I thought was perfect for across the fold of the easel, I would have used that as the mat for the image but I didn't have enough, so I used some green stripy paper from my stash instead, could be Echo Park, but don't hold me to it!  
I die cut the edge with a tiny scalloped border die I got in a set from Ali Express.
I've coloured with Copics, adding shadows (and highlights, long story) with Prismacolor pencils.  There's a nice bit of glittery goodness on the image too, I used Stickles and Glitter Glue but I can't remember the flavours :-)  
The citrus paper is from DCWV, it's very glittery too.
I used the last scrap of the yellow paper with the scalloped edge on the top edge of the pocket inside the card, made to hold the gift card that was my DiL's gift and a little tag for the sentiment.  
The strip of rhinestone bling finishing the edge of the pocket helps make the "stopper" of the easel stronger, it is some of the (loads of, lol) such bling my lovely Mum bought me over the years... no doubt this came from one of their many trips to Malaysia, my DiL is very aware of such things and even commented on me "sharing" some with her, which I thought was very sweet indeed.  
The organza ribbon on the tag was from a present from my son (not my DiL's husband, t'other one) who loves to wrap gifts elaborately... and I love him doing so too as I get a lot of lovely ribbon and "bits" out of it, lol.
That's it for my card, oh here's a (iPhone, so not that great) pic of the cake that inspired the citrus them -it was YUM btw :-)
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers  For Someone Special (my DiL is Special to all of us)
As You Like It Favourite Colouring and Why I love Copics, they blend so well, have a good range of shades and are refillable (so cost effective)  I used Prismacolor pencils too, because I find them excellent for adding very small detail
Pixies Snippets Playground Snippets That yellow stripey bit :-)
I'll be back soon, I really do have to get through my Drafts folder :-)  Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna 

19 comments:

Tone K. said...

Really great! I love the design, colors, motive....everything :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Carole said...

Fabulous card and gift idea...and the cake looks good to...and all on the same colour theme...what a lot of love in tall this,bet your DIL was over the moon! x

Shirley-Anne said...

Beautiful colouring and embellishing for this lovely card .Thanks for sharing with us here at http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
good luck with your entry
Shirley-Anne DT

Crafting Andy said...

Love this. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card....great image and the fresh colours...Thank you for joining us this week at Fab n Funky...Julieannex

Brenda said...

Everything in this post looks absolutely yummy! Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card (and cake) with us at As You Like It Challenge!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love all of this card and fun colors are perfect!! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Jane Savage said...

Wonderful creation! That cake does look yum!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Donna. Beautifully coloured image and that cake looks so yummy. xx

cohenna said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining with ust at Fab'n'Funky Challenge this time and good luck :)

EmmaT said...

Delicious design and card, love the zesty theme. Emma

Squirrel x said...

This is great hun, thanks so much for sharing your colouring skills with us for this AYLI challenge. See you again soon! Squirrel Xx

Suzi Mac said...

Utterly gorgeous card, super colouring and image. Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/ good luck.
Hugs
Suzi Mac xx

Ann-Marie said...

Wow this is a beautiful card and I so love the colour scheme. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles and hope you will join us again.

Take care
Ann-Marie (DT)

Cards By MI said...

Thank you for sharing your stunning project with us over at Creatalicious Challenges this time.
Love n hugs
Marie

Di said...

Fabulous card Donna - she's a lucky girl to have a MIL like you. AND - the cake looked yummy - past tense as I bet it all went in a flash :) I love how you tied the beautiful card to the cake - and such a lovely image as well. Spot-on as we Brits would say - chortle, chortle, what ho!

Hugs

Di xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous card, gorgeous image and colours..Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin :)
Wendy x

Rose Andrew said...

What a fabulous card ...love your coloring.
Thank you for joining with us at Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge Wk15
Good Luck
Rose DT

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes + optional anything but a card” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)

(DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)



PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…