Saturday, December 08, 2018

Foiled Again

Well I can't believe it's over THREE WEEKS since I posted on my blog... 'Tis the Season and all that - and it certainly IS the season if you live in Western Australia and work in the swimming pool industry; EVERYONE wants their pool in and looking shcmicko for The Big Day, and they don't mind if you run yourself into the ground to achieve it!!  Ah well, the joys of Self Employment :-) 
Anyways, I'm here today with a few Christmas cards from my stash.  They are very simple cards, always best for the overstressed crafter at this time of year ;-)
The first one is a kraft card base, the white card is embossed with a Darice embossing folder (Snowflake Swirl).  The image panel was linen card cut with MFT Stitched Circles and the kraft mat was cut with Spellbinders Lacey Circles, popped up on foam dots to add some dimension.  I used the rather elegant Snowflake Reindeer Silhouette (digi) from Bugaboo Stamps, printed with my laser printer and foiled (using a laminator) with Rose Gold Deco Foil... it goes really well with the Kraft card, I fussy cut the feet to go outside the circle, it gave a sense of movement.  When I printed the image I added a shadow (just done in Word... very simple to do and it really gives the image depth, it looks as if the whole reindeer has been fussy cut, without the work!)  The sentiment is a digi from Pink Petticoat, given the same laser/laminator foil treatment, raised on more foam dots to add more dimension.
The second card for the day is from the same "set" (as in I set up the laser printer and laminator and did a whole bunch of these cards, lol) as the first
I covered the whole front of this card in patterned paper (from Kaisercraft as far as I can recall... the bottom piece was from my scraps folder so I can't be certain).  
I printed the digital image (can't remember the source) on linen card as I like the effect of the foil on the textured paper... I rubbed a little Ranger Archival ink in Coffee colour around the edge to soften it.  I used green foil (obviously) and it matched the green foiled card I got from the $2 shop ages ago... I wish I could find it again, it's absolutely brilliant - shiny and smooth and cuts really well.  I used word to make the simple sentiment and foiled that to match, popping the image and the sentiment up on foam dots
This card goes so well with the sketch (#366) from Freshly Made Sketches you can use any shape but I have the tree anyway
The last one I'm going to share today is a little different only in that I used a different foil... I think it was Deco Foil Opal... that has an iridescent effect.  
The first pic shows how it looks basically silver grey in one light, but the second pic shows it's "true colours".  It is VERY striking IRL
The image is another I have had for years and unfortunately didn't label, I got it back in the days when I somewhat ignorantly - and it would seem wistfully, lol -  thought that I would only ever use one or two tree images, so I labelled it "Swirly Tree 2" and didn't note the source) 
I sprayed glue over a piece of black card and stuck the same Opal foil to it to make the matting behind the image. It didn't end up with a really smooth finish, but the texture actually adds something.
The purple background paper is Kaiser... I think, but don't hold me to it as it's ancient and the label is long gone
That's it for today (well it's tonight here, and well and truly bed time for me, lol)  I have another four of this style of card left in my drafts, they'll pop up soon I'm sure 
I would like to enter (at least one of) these cards in the following challenges: all three cards fit most of their themes but Double D Challenge has Run, Run Rudolph (Use a deer image) and As You Like It has Favourite Christmas Animal… and why, so obviously the first card is for those challenges, (oh, and the "why" deer are my favourite Christmas animal is that there are so many great deer images and dies available, ranging from cute to sophisticated, and deer seem slightly less incongruous to Aussie Christmas cards than penguins or polar bears... though "favourite" is probably pushing it - one of my favourites would be more accurate as I love the cuteness of penguins and bears too) Crazy 4 Challenges has Tree-mendous… use a tree... and  Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Use Patterned Paper - so the second card fits these challenges.  For the rest... pick a card, any card :-))
Hiding in- my Craft Room has Christmas Colours 
Sasayaki Glitter has Happy Holidays
Die Cut Divas has Winter Holidays
Thanks for visiting my little blog, I'll be back soon (I REALLY will!!) Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna 

34 comments:

Natalie said...

Awesome job on your cards. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenge! Natalie-DT

Alina Florea said...

Great projects! So simple and so delicate and elegant. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Alina DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

Darlene said...

OH WOW ... these are just gorgeous Donna! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Run Run Rudolph’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous elegant card..
Thank you so much for sharing your project with us at Winter Wonderland..
Luv CHRISSYxx

Lucille K said...

Your Christmas cards are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Divas :)

Sandy Palmer said...

Beautiful Christmas cards! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
Sandy DT

Shirley-Anne said...

Lovely selection of cards Thanks for sharing with us here at http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
Good luck with your entry
Shirley-Anne DT

Billie A said...

Very pretty cards. I love the foiling. Awesome images and embossing. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.
Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz

Wendy L said...

All very beautiful, love the gold one, thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxxx

karto_flana said...

I like te projects, so stylish :)

Thank You for joinig us at Creative Fingers challange DT Ella.

Jackie T said...

Hi all your cards are stunning. Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog The theme is Anything Christmas Goes. Hugs Jackie DT

Gina's Cards said...

Such an elegant Christmas card. The design and foil are beautiful. Thank you for playing along ta Polkadoodles Crafting https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Vicki said...

Gorgeous cards, Donna! Wow, I love the embossing folder on your deer card. That is amazing. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Run, Run, Rudolph" Challenge!

Barbara said...

These are such wonderful and elegant cards for the holiday season. I sure hope that you are not too tired to celebrate. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Run Run Rudolph challenge. Have a Merry Christmas.
Barbara DT member

Susan Renshaw said...

A super set of cards!
Thank you for sharing with Hiding in my Craft Room!
Susan
HIMCR Challenges
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Kim S said...

I love the gorgeous shine on all of these cards! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Diane said...

Beautiful cards and I love how elegant the reindeer is!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Cécile RIBON said...

We can't get enough with traditional Christmas colors cards. This green foil tree looks fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

*Vicki* said...

Wow these are all really stunning designs!! I love the sparkle and shine on each one and the festive images are gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Ribbon Girl said...

Very elegant cards - Thanks for joining in with Polkadoodles Digichoosday Crafting Challenge, best of luck, Mary G xx

Joy Wilson said...

Very pretty card! I love the layout. Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
Hugs, Joy
craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com

Jane Savage said...

Gorgeous cards!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

Nance said...

SO many beautiful cards! So shimmery and festive! You've been busy! Oh I think I'd like a pool and summer right now as we are sitting in snow and ice. LOL . Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

Arlene said...

Fantastic cards. I love your note about not every using more than one tree in your stamping life and labeling it Swirly tree 2. How innocent we all were in our belief that surely, we wouldn't need more than one tree. LOL

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Pia S said...

Your reindeer card looks stunning, so elegant and love the combo of white with Kraft. Thanks for joining our challenge at Catch the Bug and good luck in the draw.

Crafting Belle said...

Some beautiful Christmas cards. Thank you for joining us for our Week 49 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles.

Why not join our other other challenges at Digi Choosday and A Gem of a Challenge.

Hugs Lisa xxx

Monica C. said...

These are most gorgeous Christmas cards. I just recently discovered the joys of foiling, so I am looking forward to playing with it some more.
Thank you for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.
Monica C. DT CWAA

Kazz Cards and Crafts said...

Great work, love the Reindeer and the use off Layering on your card. keep up the great work. Thankyou for Entering a Perfect Time to Craft Challenge Karen Neil DT
https://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

What a fantastic favourite animal for our current challenge at AYLI. Sarah DT

Lynne said...

Love your gold and white reindeer card and a fab embossing folder too. Thank you for joining in at AS You Like It. Lynne DT x

La Papera Gialla said...

Your cards are so beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at CraftyHazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge for December!
Monica - DT

Miss Emerald said...

Very beautiful creations and lovely design. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers and Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional use a stencil” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Simply Create Too)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…