Monday, March 25, 2019

Kazi's All Grown Up

The card I have today was made for a "girl" I have known all her life, in fact, I made her christening cake over thirty years ago, and I've known her dad for over 45 years! Kazi is indeed all grown up now and when she married her lovely husband Jon I couldn't wait to make them a card and wish them every happiness
My pics are a little dark again, I'm sorry... don't know why, I've undoubtedly fiddled with some settings on the camera, lol.  I've brightened them up with Photoshop but that has washed some of the detail out, never mind, sigh
I love this image, After the Vows, from Tiddly Inks.  
I coloured with Copics, adding some Prismacolor shading and Ice Stickles to the bride's dress... and a layer of Ice White Viva Pearls to the veil - hard to see in the pic I admit 
The patterned paper is from Kaisercraft, I cut the top with a Spellbinders Borderbilities die (A2 Scalloped Borders 1 I think - I've got three different sets and only labelled two of them)  The mat behind the patterned paper is actually a textured brown/black card, very nice IRL
Similar problem with the straight scalloped border on the bottom... I'm pretty sure it's a Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders die :-)
The baker's twine at the top actually came on a gift I received a couple of years ago, I squirrel away everything like that, lol.  I cut the little tags with the happy couple's names printed on and tied them on - I love personalising cards :-)
The "Congratulations" is a Kaisercraft stamp, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, it's nice and straight... courtesy of my lovely stamping platform, what a difference that thing has made - I used to avoid stamping now? woohoo!!
I finished the inside of the card along the same lines as the outside.  Lovely straight stamping... you guessed it, don't know the name of the stamp set, lol
That's it for my card, I'd like to enter into the following challenges:
As You Like It Favourite: Dies or Stencils, and Why... I prefer dies, because they're a quick and easy way to add a bit of pizazz - as opposed to the messy fun-ness of stencils :-)
Daring Cardmakers Recycle It - the baker's twine came from a gift I received

It's my lovely grandtwins birthday on Thursday... they're 6, already!  I am busy making birthday cards for them and decorating their cakes, yup two cakes... no getting away with the shared cake any more, lol.  The party is not until Saturday so I have a few days yet, and they've both chosen pretty straightforward cakes... it's just having two, large, fresh cakes to be ready for the same day does involve a bit of logistic juggling so there's not much time to do much else. 
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna

15 comments:

Michelle N. said...

Such a lovely card-I love how you decorated the inside too! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

Arlene said...

Beautiful coloring and a marvelous card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" at https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/.

Kazz Cards and Crafts said...

Great Card Thank you for entering A Perfect time to Craft. Karen Neil DT
Fantastic wedding card. excellent work.

Megan J said...

Hi Donna, a special card for Kazi and Jon to remember their special day. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends... good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

Miri said...

How nice that you accompanied this lucky young lady for all of her life! She will love your handmade wedding card. Great that you were able to recycle the piece of bakers twine - it goes so well with the colours and design of your card.
Thanks for sharing your recycled creation with the Daring Cardmakers this week.

Michelle B. said...

A beautiful card that they will both love and cherish! So glad you joined us at Creatalicious Challenges!

The Red Mullet Band said...

Beautiful card!!!
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog.
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator and Owner

Arlene said...

Beautifully colored - I know the feeling when something happens to a camera shot. Beautifully done inside and out. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our "Anything Goes" challenge for the month of March at https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/

Squirrel x said...

Thanks so much for sharing your really lovely piece with us for this theme, just fabulous and delicious! Hope you will join us again soon. Hugs Squirrel xx AYLI

Brenda said...

What a very special card, it's beautiful with a touch of cute. Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at As You Like It Challenge!

Svenja said...

Beautiful card and some clever recycling. Personalizing your card with the name-tags is such a nice touch! Thanks for sharing this with the Daring Cardmakers.

Angelnorth said...

Lovely personalised card, I hope the couple enjoy much love in their life together, you’ve certainly set a good example with the love you put into making this! Thanks for joining us this week at Daring Cardmakers!

Dawn said...

I am the same. If I receive a gift with ribbon or twine I put it away it my craft stash for later. Gorgeous creation and thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. xxx

Tone K. said...

Ohh, so gorgeous! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Love your card, what an special present for the girl you know since she was a baby!. Thank you for play with us in Polkadoodles anything goes challenge, good luck with your entry.