Friday, November 11, 2011

More Pixies than you can poke an icicle at

I know, THREE posts in twelve hours... it's those Swiss Pixies, they've been keeping me up at night with their cries of  "colour me", lol.  If you didn't see my first two posts for the Swiss Pixies review that's happening over at the All That Scraps Blog, you can check them out here and here.  In the meantime let's meet Nora....
If you'd like your own Nora, you can get her at the All That Scraps Store as a digi - like I have - or as rubber.  I've shaken it up a bit this time... I've coloured with Prismacolour pencils! - didn't want to go too radical, lol.  I added little gems for her earrings, then decided to cut the image out with my Nestabilities Labels Twelve.  Of course I didn't even think of the pressure put on the gems, so they've become sort of embedded in the paper!  I actually quite like it, they don't look so "stuck on", though they've lost a little of their shine (well, who wouldn't in the circumstances!)
I added red glitter (heat set, of course) to her scarf, but it's not the usual glitter it's sort of long strands... it looks so much like a wooly scarf IRL, I'm rapt.  Crafty Calendar has Winter Wardrobe as it's theme this time, so Nora in her coat  and her scarf are in there.
I used the sketch from Crafts 4 Eternity this time, I like nice sketches - but you know that :-)  Bonus use of the sketch is Christmas Stampin' s theme with is to use a favourite sketch, so I'm in there too. The papers are from Kaisercraft's 'Tis the Season and Basic Grey's Jovial collections, mounted on red card I got in a pack from a newsagent when I was on holiday - it's great, and of course there's nothing like it near home!  

The blingy (is there such a word?) ribbon/embellishment came in my budgie-sitting reward pack from my Mum and Dad, the sentiment is a sticker from a sheet of what I think must be (to any non-card makers, at least) envelope seals...there's about thirty in the pack so they'll be available to me for some time, lol.  Gold Dew Drops on the corners finish it off.  By The Cute and Girly has Christmas Girls as its theme and the Gem of a Challenge theme is Cold and Frosty so I'm entering both of those.
Well that's it for today... I will be back later at 7am CST (which is 9pm my time, which is why it's a bit confusing when I say things like later today, or my second post for today when it may not be the case in your time zone, lol) with a blog hop.  So tune in then, in the meantime why not pop over to the All That Scraps Blog and check out my teamies lovely Swiss Pixies - they've been working hard to inspire you!  Hope you call back for the hop, until then, Happy Crafting Dee4Donna

6 comments:

pinky said...

Wow she is just gorgeous, loving her scarf!! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Tracey said...

This is wonderful Donna, I love that image & the papers you've used are gorgeous :)
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Seafield Jo said...

This is a great image, perfect for our challenge this month. I love your colouring and the scarf looks brilliant. Love the gems too, a super card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month. Jo x

Jackie said...

another fabulous card, thank youi for sharing with us at AGOAC. hugs Jackie x

Shelby Goolsby said...

What a cutie!! Love your design,great papers and your wonderful coloring. Sorry it has been so long since I stopped by but I have enjoyed going back and looking at all of your gorgeous cards.

nnalorac said...

Gorgeous card Donna, lovely papers and sweet image, love the glittered scarf, have some off that somewhere! Thanks for joining us this month over on BTC&G. Carolxx