Sunday, May 15, 2011

Take a Break, It's Your Birthday

My Dad is constantly working in the garden (not always his own idea, lol)  but as it's his 82nd Birthday I thought he could take a little instruction from this little guy and take a break.
 This is the second card I've done as Guest Designer for Here Come The Boys, The challenge theme this time around is this sketch, go and check out what the other ladies have done with it, why not have a go at the challenge while you're there - it is a great sketch!  Pollycraft Challenge this time is Boyz to Men, so I'm entering my dad's card there.
The image is from Di's Digi Downloads, he is called Gardening Pop and he is one of about a zillion great images that Di has available - Digi, of course - I am a Digi kind of girl!!   Allsorts Challenge this time around is "Teddy Bears Picnic" so I'm entering there too, as this is a Teddy Bear and this is my dad's idea of a great picnic!
I've coloured Pop up with my trusty Copics, adding some Stickles to the little bird and Glossy Accents to the ladybird.
This is the first twisted easel card I've done, I don't know why I thought they'd be complicated - they really aren't!  I suppose the main thing to remember is to put the front panel on at right angles to the body of the card.
Most of the paper is from the candy I won from Tracy ( boy am I getting value out of that!!) so I'm not sure what it is; I do know the mat behind the image panel is from Basic Greys Indian Summer collection.  The ribbon - don't you think it's just like a ladybird?! - is from my stash, as are the little letter stickers making up the sentiment.  Delicious Doodles has "Inspired by..." as its challenge theme, and really this card was inspired by the little ladybirds...my dad LOVES them (it's so cute to see him gently lift one off his roses and set it "free"), so I'm entering there.
The card is made of Textured Cardstock from Die Cuts With a View, the yellow panel is actually slightly shimmery semi-translucent paper my son got me as part of my "birthday basket" from Starfish Lane...it's really nice adding a sort of glitteriness that isn't at all feminine.
The chipboard letters are from Die Cuts With a View, they are glittery, but of course this doesn't show in the photo!  I have had the ladybirds for absolutely ages, they were on little wooden pegs.....but not for long, lol.  The twine is yet more of that fabulous candy from Tracy, and the black pearls around the edge are on a strip from Bella.
Cards For Men has Someone Special as it's challenge theme this time around and Digi Stamps 4 Joy has Celebrate, as my Dad is someone special and he is celebrating, in my card goes!  Crafty Creations has Anything Goes, as does Stamp Something, so it's definitely in there too, lol.
I hope you like my twisted easel card.....my Dad absolutely loved it, he is going to keep it - which from a man of his generation is high praise indeed!
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Dee

20 comments:

Teresa said...

Good morning Donna,
Have to say I just love this card, your colouring is fabulous, its so bright & cheerful, bet your dad will love it.
Teresa xx

karen said...

Hi Donna

A fantastic card, love the bright colours and fab image, we all loved this when got a sneek peek, have a great weekend, Karenx

kerry said...

Hi Donna,
I love your card with all the bright colours. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Donna your card is amazing! I love the vibrant mix of colours and an easle - this has to be one of my favourite cards to make! Thank you for your hard work. Woo xx

Vicky said...

Just the cutest Donna...and I am loving your colouring hun..your dad will just love it!

hugs Vicky xx

papertrails leaver said...

okay this is so stinkin' cute! Love the image you used for his expression on his face. Many oh times I saw my father with this look. :-) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations for our anything goes challenge. :-)Amy

Wishcraft said...

Love this Donna! Fab image and such gorgeous bright papers :o) Yep, I'm still putting off making my mum's card lol! Lisa x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so fabulous Donna.
luv
Debby

Debs said...

Stunning card Donna - your colouring is amazing!
Thanks for taking on my Teddy Bears' Picnic challenge at Allsorts this week.
Good luck.
{{Debs}} xx

Teri said...

A stunning card for Dad!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us at the Delicious Doodles Challenge, and good luck!
Hugs,
Teri x

Jen Leeflang said...

Thanks for joining us on our Digistamps 4 Joy "It's a Celebration" Challenge! Your card is just so CUTE!
luv n huggz
Jen
DS4J DT Co-ordinator

Lisa Minckler said...

Your blog is wonderful and this card is so touching. Happy Birthday to your dad and I'm sure he will LOVE this card. So SO cute! :)

Brenda said...

Well, I don't know how I missed this fabulous card! Your coloring is gorgeous! Love the design, the papers, the image. I am sure that your dad LOVED it!!!
hugs, Bren

Anonymous said...

fabulous Dee! love this guy, your coloring and designing... awesome DAD holding up the easel! cool!

downrightcrafty said...

another stunning Di digi and perfectly coloured, love the little butterflies with the thread great addition to the return of the twisted easel, love it
hugs Kate x

Fleur said...

Such a fab card and it looks perfect for any gardening fan
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Alison said...

Great image and colours and I love the little ladybirds! Thanks for playing along with our 'Someone Special' challenge at Cards for Men and good luck!
Hugs, Alison x

Unknown said...

Sounds like your dad is a very gentle person, I'm sure he's gonna love this gorgeous card, thanks playing along with Delicious Doodles this week
hugs
Ildiko

Amy said...

This is such an awesome card! Love the paper mix and the ribbon with all the lady bugs is so cute! Fab coloring, super cute card!

Tracy said...

OMG Donna this is AMAZING!!!! You are serioulsy rockin' the easel card. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it and your Dad will too. *wink* So glad the candy reached you. Boy that took a while to get 'down under!' LOL! The paper is from American Crafts City Park collection. Glad you like it!!!
Hugs,
Tracy