Sunday, May 29, 2011

Father Fix-it or DIY Dad...

My card today is a Father's Day card, which is the challenge this fortnight at Here Come The Boys.  It was to be my last spot as Guest Designer, but they've asked if I'd like to continue for June, and of course I've said YES, so now it's not (my last spot, that is!) 
My dad was always the go-to man when we were young, now my Husband fills the role with our kids, though now they are young men he doesn't spend QUITE so much time responding to "those" calls, lol. Craft Your Days Away has Fathers Day as it's challenge this time,Do It With Digis has "It's All About The Boys" and Digi Stamps 4 Joy has Boys Boys Boys, so I'm entering there.
I used the sketch from Sketch and Stash, you know I love symmetry, so this was such an easy sketch for me.  The new or neglected stash on this card, is just about everything on it.
The digistamp from Just Inklined is one of many I've bought and not used - until now :-)  He is Aubery Bumblethorpe and I think he- along with so many of his stable mates- has that great cute but not cutesy property you need for mens cards.  
Aubery is coloured with Copics, I've added Gloss to his glasses.  The image is popped up on foam dots, of course! and even though he is a little oversized for his mat, I think it works... and Craft Your Passion has Let It All Hang Out (have something hanging over the edge, not what you're thinking, tsk!) as it's challenge this time, so it means I can enter there.
The green foil mats behind the image and the sentiment were cut with Nestabilities Standard Circles; the large one embossed with Cuttlebugs Seeing Spots folder. Embossed foil always adds a little "lift", methinks. My Time To Craft has Use a Die Cut and Digital Tuesday has Add some texture so I'm entering those challenges.  
The great chain looking ribbon effort (I don't know what you'd call it!) came from the recent Craft Show held in Perth: as is always the case with these things, I didn't know if I'd use it, now I wish I'd bought more!  
The spanner is metal, from a set I bought from Regal Craft, they're really heavy and ideal (I think!) for mens cards, it goes really well with the theme of the paper, which is from Kaisercraft (as is so much of the paper I use, lol), it is the Konstrukt range, the stripy paper is from the Utopia range.
I used "Happy Father's Day" from Sentiments 4 You - one of the sponsors over at the HCTB challenge this time...Lynne has LOADS of great sentiments available for all occassions, go and check it out (oodles of freebies too!) or you could always enter the challenge and win some! The screw in the centre is a sticker that I've had for years, love using up stuff like that, though the flow of goods is definitely inwards, lol.
I decorated the inside of this card in the simplest of fashions: adding a piece of Konstrukt paper with a Nestie circle cut out of it and a bit of the chain trim...it's all it needed.
I hope you like my card, it is one of the few that I've done that I really liked from the beginning and still liked at the end!  It "fell" together and looked as I thought it would...now if only my next one goes so well, I may be able to get a few more made.
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Dee

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely fantastic card Donna! Love the colours and the image, thank you for making such fab GDT cards! Woo x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, love the papers & the colours are great, as is the image....love it!

Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!
hugs shell xx

Paddington fan said...

Great card, love this image!! So pleased you will be GDT for a bit longer, love Jacky x

:: Samantha KT :: said...

I love your card -- great image and all the elements to make your card "pop"! Well done!

Pat said...

Super card, such a fun image and great colours. Thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

Anonymous said...

Fantastic.

Love the jazziness of the card, really bright an cheery, hehehe perfect image too,

Thanks for joining us at CYDA..

Huggies Angel

Brenda said...

Dee, what a fun Father's Day card. Love that paper and the sticker. Perfect with this perfectly colored image!!!
hugs, Bren

raindropecho said...

Oh my gosh, how perfect is this!! Guy cards are so hard to do, but you managed to do it in style with matching paper, a beautifully colored image, and a perfect sentiment to go along with it. Genius!

- Ann

paper fun said...

Adorable card. I love his glasses.

Thanks for joining us on our Father's Day challenge at Craft Your Days Away.

Mari

KraftyKoolKat said...

Groovy. Thank you for joining us at CYDA this fortnight.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sarah said...

Fabulous card Donna, I love the image and colours. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for my Special Man challenge, good luck xxx

Julie said...

Brilliant - great image and coloured fabulously!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Stash, Juliexx

Linda de Bruin said...

What a fabulous card! The image made me laugh. Great in the details to; the screw on the sentiment and the glasses.

Hugs, Linda

Faye said...

Hi Donna. I love how you've used our sketch and the fab papers too. That image is so cool, reminds me of Uncle from Only Fools and Horses! Have a great weekend. Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash. x

Lesley said...

Fab card, great image! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA and MTTC challenges xx

Mandy said...

Lol that is one fab image Donna, love it.
Thanks for joining us at Do It With Digis for our "it's all about the boys" challenge
hugs Mandy xx