Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Not so Less is More

Well, hello!  I haven't posted anything for over a week!  It's been a combination of my Mojo going AWOL and making "stuff" for DT work that won't be posted for another couple of days, along with work being crazy busy (for this time of year).  I made this card yesterday with the challenge at Less is More in mind.....then immediately made it More is More, but as it was a nice easy card that didn't demand too much of me in the Mojo department I like it!
 I've used DCWV paper from the 
"Mariposa" 12" collection....I love this paper, it's so rich!  I used two sheets (luckily the pad comes with two sheets of each print) and cut the large and small butterflies from one sheet and glued them onto the base card. Flutterby Wednesday has an open theme this week, so my butterflies are all that I need to enter there!  I also layered up the yellow bud and some of the leaves, but that simply doesn't show in the photos (trust me, I took LOADS and it still didn't show up) so you'll just have to trust me it looks quite effective IRL.
I used more of the paper inside the card, I used my Nestabilities Label Four to cut out (and emboss) a jotting panel (saw that term when I was browsing the other day, can't remember who's blog, but I think it's a very good description: so much better than 'writing space panel thingy' lol)  I added the butterfly with a stamp I have had for years (in fact it was the first rubber stamp I ever bought!) with Stazon ink in Jet Black then added Xmas Red and Diamond stickles, which are on the butterflies on the front too. Paper Play Challenges has sparkle galore as it's challenge this week, so I'm entering there....plenty of sparkle here!
Some of the black flourishes were on the paper, I used parts of a Kaisercraft Christmas stamp to stamp more flourishes in the other corners to "bring" it together.  Creatalicious Challenges has "flourishes" as it's theme this time around, so I'm in there too.



I used more of the paper, with the flourishes printed on it, for the back of the card too: I felt it needed "more" finishing.  Still feeling a little guilty about how little time I'd invested in this card, I used yet more of the paper to line the envelope!!
Okay, that's it for today....sorry about all the photos, I admit it was the lazy way of describing my card, lol
I'll be back at the end of the week with something I've done for All That Scraps...I think it's pretty cute, you'll just have to pop back over to judge for yourself :-)
Until then, Happy Crafting, Dee






8 comments:

Vicky said...

This is wonderful Donna!...love the butterflies and gorgeous papers...one stunning creation hun..

hugs Vicky xx

Teresa said...

Wow it's a beauty Donna, so worth the wait, I love the colour and the butterflies, it's really beautiful.
Teresa xx

Louise said...

Beautiful card, the butterflies are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge
Louise

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card Donna.
luv
Debby

Beate said...

Wow! Your card is beautiful!
Hugs and smiles

Janet said...

Gorgeous! x

Brenda said...

Dee, this is absolutely STUNNING!! Love all the pop ups and that jotting panel with butterfly!! new term for me, but it fits perfectly!!
hugs, Bren

kaylou said...

wow what a beautiful card thank you for joining in our flourishes challenge at Creatalicious.
Hugs Kaylou xx