Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I'll mark your place



This cute idea is from All That Scraps Wednesday challenge "make a corner bookmark" http://atsblog.typepad.com/wednesdayschallenge/. There is a link to a tutorial there (from Splitcoast Stampers) and some great design team ideas. I've done mine in autumn colours to fit in with the Allsorts Challenge theme "autumn colours"  (http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/) .  
I used a pumpkin coloured cardstock, the edge of the mat is punched with an EK Success Scroll & Hearts border punch.  The beautiful paper is from Basic Grey's Indian Summer 6" paper pack and the gold ribbon is from my stash - well it was in my friend s stash until she gave me it, along with a whole load more the other day, thanks Jenny!

The image is yet another CC Designs stamp (from All That Scraps), this is Larkspur, one of the "Twisted Sisters" in the Sweet November range. I saw these images first at Tickled Pink Stamps and was lucky that they have been re-released as digistamps - my preferred medium. I coloured her with Copics (skin and hair) and pigment inks from Kaisercraft for the rest.
Don't you think these little bookmarks are a great idea? - and if you use simple embellishments they are pretty quick to do.  I'm going to make a bunch of them as "stocking fillers", my dad reads a lot so I can probably make him more than one!
Go and have a look at some of the ideas and get bookmarkmaking!!  
Thanks for looking, Donna

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These look great, I'll have to try it