Friday, August 10, 2018

Flying Pigs

The card I have today is one of my older ones from my drafts folder, it was made for my hubby (I know, I only showed you last year's a few weeks ago... this is from the year before!)  He has a wicked sense of humour, so it's another tongue in cheek job. When anyone asked how old he was he (EVERY birthday!) answers 29, so I thought I'd have a little joke about it
I think I may have mentioned before that my hubby loves pigs... or at least he did until the inevitable avalanche that comes when you announce that you like something makes you yell "ENOUGH already", he still gets them from me though, hehe.
This image is called Cincinnati, from the sadly now defunct Paper Pretties.  I thought that when reading the first part of the (computer generated) sentiment and seeing the flying pig he would immediately think that I had put the obvious "yeah, and pigs fly" on the inside as the retort... but clearly we have been together a LONG time because he basically guessed that I had put an equally unlikely flying-pig assertion on the inside, as sadly Stefan doesn't look good for 29 - though not at all bad for 62, as he was on this day
I coloured the image with Prismacolor pencils and added Stickles to the clouds.  The image panel and mat were cut and embossed with Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 12.
The papers are Kaisercraft Fine and Sunny, with the stripy paper on the banners also from Kaisercraft... but as they came out of my snippets folder I can't remember which pad.
A long time ago I melted (a LOT of) pony beads in the oven to make the little "cabochons", or flatbacks or pearly thingys :-)  like I said I have a LOT - but still I could only find three exactly the same translucent red, so the one on the inside is a bit of an odd man out... the inside's not finished exactly the same as the front (didn't have enough of me snippets for a start, lol) so I think it's okay.  Of course all the layers are popped up on varying thicknesses of foam dots to give it dimension.
Well, that's it!  I'm going to enter this card in the following challenges
Sasayaki Glitter Male Project
As You Like It Fur or Feathers and Why: I like "fur", love most animals... my pig here is HAIRY rather than furry, but I hope that doesn't get held against him... he's still cute:-)  I don't like birds as pets much - probably exacerbated by inheriting my Mum's budgie that drives me crazy with his squawking!  Nice to look at in the garden, but fur beats feathers in an "As You Like It" kinda way
I will be back on 16th (I'd like to say I'll be back with a card from my Drafts before that, but I know me, lol) with a GD card.  Until then Happy Crafting, Donna 

21 comments:

Liz said...

What a great card! Fabulous image and I love the sentiment. xx

Shylaashree said...

such a fun filled card. the receiver might have appreciated you.Thanks for playing along with us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Shylaa DT@Polkadoodles
Adhiraacreations

Lynne said...

This made me chuckle, a great card! Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

Wendy L said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxx

Lucy Patrick said...

Hahaha, I love this funny card! Great use of red accents too! Thanks so much for joining in our Polkadoodles challenge, good luck in the prize draw xox Lucy

Jean said...

Such a fun card, loving the humour.
Thanks for joining over at Creatilicious.
Jean xx

Aquarius said...

A super card which would make anyone smile and I'm sure your husband enjoyed the joke

Sandy Palmer said...

Love the design here! Wonderful card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
Sandy DT

Terri Winske said...

What a great design and great sentiment. Awesome sense of humor! Thank you so much for joining our "Anything Goes" challenge this week at Tuesday Throwdown!

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

How cute a flying pig lol Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Michelle DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


Chrissy said...

What a fun card and I love your layout..Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Sasayaki Glitter..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Haideelum said...

Hello Donna, it is a very fun card, sure that the birthday boy really liked the papelesde design are very nice and the digi between those glistening clouds looks very nice!
HaideƩ DT Corrosive Challenge Blog
haideelum.blogspot.mx

Unknown said...

awesome card Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Jenna DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

Sarah said...

Lol, what a fun card. Thank you for sharing with us at AYLI. Sarah DT

Brenda said...

Haha, what a fun birthday card! Love the papers you used on this card and I just adore that pig. The sentiment cracks me up as so many always say they are 29 again. Such a fun tongue in cheek card! Hugs, Brenda

Kate 'Rijacki' Ledum said...

Cute card! I love the inside, too. Well done!

Di said...

What a fun card Donna - my kind of humour! And a wonderful way to use up a shed load of snippets too of course.

Hugs

Di xx

Janice W. said...

Such a FUN card! Love the image, with the perfect sentiment! Thanks for sharing it with us at LMMS!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

Helen x

Brenda said...

Cute!!! I love the sentiment! This is perfect for the guys, colors, image, funny! Thanks for joining us at Sasayaki Glitter this month!

Melanie said...

A great card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional under the sea or fairy tales” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…