Tuesday, August 03, 2010

An exploding card??!!

My sister loves all things fantasy, you will see on these pages many things that I have created that have "for my sister" in them; she is such good value - if it's a fairy or wizard, pixie or butterfly she loves it.  She also loves purple, oh and cats!  For her birthday last year I decided to go the purple-and-butterflies route and made her the exploding box and card set below
The butterflies suspended on the acetate strips are 3D stickers available on sheets.  As they have acetate wings they dance beautifully in the slightest breeze.  The butterfly on the lid I cut from a piece of patterned paper and enhanced the colour with some iridescent paint and clear sealer (this gave the butterfly some strength as the paper was el cheapo and a bit thin!!)

I used a template  from "the net" for this box, and adapted it to suit my theme. I have created a PDF with the instructions  (and a few drawings)  if you would like a copy I will email one to you; just email me at "donnap1604@gmail.com" refer to the PDF or Exploding Box in the subject line so I don't ditch your email!





No comments: