Friday, July 09, 2010

Something other than cards



I've been doing some "housekeeping" in my Decorative Art folder and thought I'd share some photos of some of the art I've done over the years.  Firstly there are some photos of "Bug Boxes" I have done, the inspiration for these projects have come from Folk Art Magazines and other publications....believe me, if they are original ideas I'll claim 'em!!
                                                                                                                                                                                                  These papier maché boxes are painted from a pattern in "Fantasy Garden Vol II".  Using the lovely jewel colours from the painting, I made some matching jewellery , I think they make great looking gifts, but maybe I'm biased
Another Bug Box I painted was from another book by the same artist, "Faerie Garden Book 3".  It was a good gift for a boy, not toddlerish and yet not too grown up.  It was fun to paint too!

No comments: