Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm a Silly Moo

What a silly moo I am: I forgot my Brother in Law Brad's birthday, so I made this as a belated birthday card.
 As soon as I saw this Just Inklined digi image I just had to have it!  I went here  - and bought him (Conroy) and eight more, as well as adding about twenty to my Wish List! They will be featuring in my cards in the very near future; I love the quirky humour in them and that they are cute without being cutsie, if you know what I mean.  They do have other styles too, I can't believe I only just found them. 
The background is another digi stamp, from Di's Digi Downloads, another of my favourite shops, coloured with Prismacolor Pencils. Conroy is coloured with Copics, both are printed on Xpress Blending Card, which is my favourite card for use with Copics, Copic Creations want to know your favourite in place of a challenge this time around. The background image is cut using Classic Circle Nestabilities.
I used this great sketch from Card Patterns, love a clean sketch.  Originally the little green pearls were brown, but you can imagine what they looked like in that position, so a quick change to green was in order, now it just looks like Conroy has a very bad tummy,lol!
Digistamsps 4 Joy and Pink Gem Challenges both have Pearls and Swirls (or Swirls and Pearls!) as their theme this week, here are the pearls and there's swirls on the sparkly paper from DCWV All Dressed Up Mat Stack, so in it goes. ABC Challenge has Sparkly as it's theme, so it's in there too.
The background paper is from DCWV "Mariposa" collection, the spotty paper is from Kaisercrafts Le Chateau 6" collection, the ribbon is from my stash, the polka dots look black in this photo but IRL they are chocolate brown.  Papertake Weekly has Spots n Stripes as it's challenge this time, you can use either but I do in fact have both; the Lacey Circle Nestie is cut from brown ribbed paper, which looks stripy. Crafty Creations has a recipe challenge 1 image, 2 embellishments (ribbon and pearls), and 3 papers, I'm entering there as I'm considering my image as "one" albeit made up of two parts :-0 
Everything is popped up on foam dots, giving seven layers altogether, meaning I'm in Cupcake Craft Challenge for this week, "Lots of Layers", which is always easy for me - love my foam dots! Though not as easy as Delicious Doodles and Whoopsi Daisy, they have Anything Goes and Free and Easy.
I finished the inside very simply, in keeping with the clean and simple look of the card.  I used my Fiskars Apron Lace punch to echo the Lacey Circle die on the front, I tried another circle but it just didn't look right. Digital Tuesday has "Pretty Punches" for it's challenge, I don't know how pretty my die and punch are, but I'm entering there too. Maybe Conroy would be happier if it was "Dashing Die Cuts", lol
Anyway, that's the end of this (yes, I know very long) post.  Now I've posted about Brads card, I'm off to actually Post his card and his scratch n win tickets too, of course! Thanks for looking, until next time - Happy Crafting, Dee.

12 comments:

Louise said...

Fab card really made me smile and lovely to see a mans card,thankyou for joining us at Cupcake this week.
Louise xx

~amy~ said...

Such a fun card..love your coloring! thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

RoseC said...

Dee, you've made your Conroy cow look wonderful on this fun scenery card. So glad to see your entry at Copic Creations. ~ Rose

Unknown said...

LOL!! This is such a lovely & funny card!! Love that cow image!! =) Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Goos Luck! Hugs & Sunshine! /Sari

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

This image and sentiment are just perfect and funny! Love your card. Thanks so much for sharing at WHOOPSI DAISY challenge this time:)

Jackie Thomas said...

What a crack up. This is such a fun card. Thanks for joining un in the ABC challenge. Hugs xo Jackie

Jen Leeflang said...

Fabulous image, fabulous colouring! Well done and thanks for entering our Swirls and Pearls challenge at Digistamps 4 Joy.
luv n huggz
Jen
DS4J DT Co-ordinator

Teri said...

What a super creation hun!
Thanks for playing at the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week, good luck with the draw!
Hugs,
Teri x

Lorraine A said...

fabulous card :-) The image is very cute and I love the background and papers you used ,, I popped by the Just Inklined and downloaded a fab freebie too !! thanks for the link :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Brenda said...

haha, I had to laugh at the idea of the brown pearls! too funny! What a fabulous card! I love it! I love the coloring in two different mediums, love the design, the circle. Just such a fun card!! hugs, Bren

Wishcraft said...

Such a fun card Donna :o) Love the little scene and great colours. Lisa x

Teresa said...

Aww how cute, I love this and the sentiment too. xx