Friday, June 09, 2023

Dipping My Toe Back In

 Well hello everybody... I'm sure everyone I knew has moved on, but here I am :-)

I wanted to do this post in honour of my Dad, Dorrington Morgan who left us over two years ago, finally, mercifully released from the demon dementia that marred his life and ours so very badly for some time before and all the years after my lovely Mum died.  


We try not to think too much about the very hard last years of Dad's life, but remember the so-often hilarious and always loving decades before that
Dorrington Morgan, 1947

Dad died 49 years to the day, Australia Day, of arriving in this country he loved and called "home" from the instant of setting foot on the tarmac, 00.01 Jan 26 1972.  As anyone who lost someone at the height of the Covid pandemic would know, it wasn't the best time to try to hold a big family funeral, so Dad's farewells were a little quieter than Mum's but so much less sad as he no longer misses the love of his life... his love for over 70 years
Dad fooling around to my Mum's and Sister's chagrin
Together Again
Immediately (well a few weeks) after Dad's demise and some more health issues for me... some resolved now, my Mother in Law started HER journey down the dementia trail.  Another hard year, and ultimately the acceptance (by other family members, my husband and I had been down THIS road before) of the fact that she needs full time care and the cycle repeats.  

MiL is now happily - despite herself and to her but not our surprise - ensconced in a lovely Aged Care facility where she gets care and company in abundance, we can breathe at least a little and at least for a little while.  She turn 95 next month, but looking at her on our visit today she'll outlive us all :-))

I have been crafting, a little, and it has added up over the years I've neglected my Blog.  I plan to remedy that, but I have planned before and fate came and smacked me about the head, repeatedly for months... so I'm not saying ANYTHING out loud at this point :-)

I've missed my crafty wanderings and hope this IS the first foray back to scratching my blogging itch

Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna


No comments: