Sunday, June 17, 2018

Welcome Jett Mark 1

Recently the lovely Di from Pixie's Snippets Playground contacted me to see if I would like to GD for her snippets challenge - which of course I DID, lol - and I thought I'd share a card-in-a-box I made to welcome a friend's baby "Jett"... I made the christening cake for Jett's mum nearly thirty years ago so I like the synergy here :-)  The bonus, from The Playground's point of view is that these cards can (and in this case does) use a LOT of snippets!
I have made a metric version template of this card if you'd like to grab it from my Tutorials, Templates and Other Freebies Page, here's a direct link
The cute image, fussy cut but as one piece, is from Di's Digis... it's called Animal Crew and you can get it here. I coloured Copic markers, with a lot of detail added (like the lion's mane) using Prismacolor pencils. Glossy Accents to the balloon and a die cut sun... from Lawn Fawn's Spring Showers set
The papers I used were snippets from Die Cuts With a View's Animal Crackers pad - it has loads of glitter and, bonus to me, matching chipboard die cuts... these are what I have jiggling around on their acetate stalks.  I didn't realize until I was looking for the name of the pad that I've used this image/paper combo before here  - I obviously like it :-)


The chipboard corners came in the chipboard pack too, the tag with "Jett" on also, the letters for bub's name are wooden ones from my stash.
Like I said there's a lot of snippets on this card, the "frame" around the background (which I actually stencilled clouds onto, though you can hardly see them) IS a frame because I needed a bit more of the dark blue patterned paper to fit one of the outside panels.  I fetched the piece out of the waste basket to make the belly band, can't believe I threw it away tbh, I keep some very small snippets :-)
The little monkey die cut is from that embellie pack too, I have a velcro closure under it to hold the band together
The other side of the outside on these types of cards is where I usually put the jotting panel, as I didn't have a piece of the dark blue card left big enough to make a frame I thought I'd make a pocket to put a tag in instead... that itself is made up of two snippets as I didn't have a big enough piece left of any of the patterns I'd used to do it in one piece :-)  I added a brass eyelet and some baker's twine from my stash and used the plain side to jot my message
That was it for this card, thanks again to Di for asking me to be a Guest in the Playground.  I actually made two cards for this baby, one for my sister and her partner to give... the baby is her partner's daughter's first grandchild - when I did the christening card my sister wasn't his partner... and to make things even MORE interesting, we all met when I went out with him (met through a school friend) when I was 16!!
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Tuesday Throwdown Tag It - The tag on the front, or the lift-out tag in the back
Cuttlebug Mania, Simon Says Challenge Frame It - The frame behind the image
Fab'n'Funky Challenges Bring me Sunshine
Crafty Cardmakers  For a Man or Boy
As You Like It Favourite Card Base Shape or Fold - I love "different" folds, that add a design element, this is one "favourite" - though I actually make square cards the most!
Die Cut Divas Animals or Pets
I hope you get a chance to join in Di's Snippets challenge... it really is no challenge at all, and a great way to clear out those Bits :-)
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna

18 comments:

Aquarius said...

Great to see you as guest designer in the Playground and your box card is fabulous and so many snippets used as well. A great detailed post as well.

Juls said...

Wow this is just so much fun, I love it. Thank you for sharing it with us at Digi Choosday crafty hugs Julia xx

CraftyNatalie said...

Lovely creation. A wonderfully detailed make. Love it!Thanks for joining us at TTCRD this week.

Liz McGuire, said...

Thanks for joining in the fun at Polkadoodles DigiChoosday Challenge, your make is lovely, Liz

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh this is just so cute. I love it. Nice work. Looks great.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

 

J said...

What a lovely bright cheery card! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers...

Jackie

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Awe, so cute and delightful, simply a lovable pop up. Thanks for joining in on the fun at Tuesday Throwdown. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT
tuesdaythrowdown.

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW - this is such a fun pop-up card! LOVE it and all the fun elements! Your card is so sweet !!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

Jo Nevill said...

What a fabulous card, so fun !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Elaine Stark said...

A fun project. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

Judy Markowitz said...

OMG this is such a fun and adorable project! I love it! Thank you so much for joining us in our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Judy TTCRD DT
Don't Mess With Me, I'm Scrappy {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Sherry said...

Adorable ... Thanxx For Sharing With Us This Challenge At Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends..
Sherry Lynn
DT @ LPOCF

Blue Daisy said...

Gorgeous Card! Thank you for joining our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

Tracyx

Pat K said...

WOW, this is spectacular Donna...what a wonderful keepsake. Congrats on your DT spot, so well deserved. hugs, xx

Arlene said...

The animals are so cute and the coloring does it all! Fab card. Very sweet, so cute. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas this month.

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such a cute pop up box card..Love the cute animals so much..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugsxx Deepti Aggarwal

Denise Goeldner said...

Fabulous pop up card, Jett will surely love it. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
Denise (Owner of LPOCF)

Annette said...

I've just been having a little meander around your blog. This box card is amazing. I love the animals and the baby heffalump! Thanks for your comments lately on my MIL's broken. I'm glad that your hip replacement went well but I agree, later in life and it's probably not as much 'fun'!
Hugs
Annette
xx