Friday, May 25, 2018

A-Camping We Will Go

I made today's card for my son Matt's birhday (in 2016!)  He and his wife bought a camper trailer and went away in it for the first time for his birthday... we bought him a voucher from a Camping store - it was in with the card
I used a couple of digital stamps from the now sadly defunct Stamp Fairy (I bought BIG before they closed, I've got a few of these little sweeties to hand, lol) Lenny Camping 3 (which is Lenny and the camper) and Lenny Camping 4 which is Lenny with the campfire.  I cropped down two of the Lennys and added a bow to the "hair" of one before putting them in the campervan looking out... they are my twinnies, Nathan and Emily :-))... another reason I love digis so much, being so easily manipulated.  The colouring, as usual, was done with Copics and Prismacolor pencils
I made an easel card, because I love making them... the grass was cut with a die, I used it as the prop for the top of the card, and I also added a pocket "behind" or under it to put the gift card and a little tag with a jotting panel on the back
 The papers are from a 12" scrapbooking pad.  The clouds are Memory Box, mounted on foam pads.  The "Celebrate" sentiment is a digi from Create with TLC - quite possibly a freebie as Paulette is very generous :-)
I think the Happy Birthday die on the tag is from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Celebration Script Words collection, cut from black card and then coated with Glossy Accents
The little flowers are from a generic punch.  That's it.
I'd like to enter Matt's card in the following challenges
The Paper Shelter Digital Image
Aud Sentiments Summer and a Sentiment
As You Like It Flora or Fauna and Why - Fauna, I love all animals and I love using animal images because there are so many cute ones :-)
Simon Says Challenge Use More than One Stamp - Two digis used here
Allsorts Challenges Happy Birthday
Sweet Stampin' Bunnies and/or Bears
Send a Smile for Kids Anything Goes for Kids
Hiding in- my Craft Room Masculine
4 Crafty Chicks Masculine Birthday
I'll be back soon (I hope) I've made a few cards in the twist pop up style (or whatever it's called, lol) as well as the LOADS still in my drafts, so I've got plenty to share 
Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

25 comments:

Creative world said...

Fantastic card,from the scene till the coloring...just everything...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

Cards By MI said...

Such lovely looking card. A really cute card with lovely colours and sweet card design. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

susiestacey said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful project at Allsorts 9th Birthday celebration and good luck x Susan x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Absolutely fantastic work here. I just love it.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

aprettypinkpeony said...

Oh my goodness! This is SO adorable. I love how it has a pocket...clever! Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles. Good luck with your entry! ~Pam-DT

brenda said...

A really pretty creation for our 9th Birthday celebrations at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Sammy said...

this is so very adorable, love it! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

The Red Mullet Band said...

Great Card!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator

The Red Mullet Band said...

Great Card!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog
Ana Isabel DT Coordinator

Dawn T said...

So sweet. Thanks for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft challenge.

Dawn T - DT

Shabby Lab said...

Adorable!!! Congratulations on the choice of colors ... Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday

Keen Crafter's Hand Made Goodies said...

This is such a cool card Thanks for joining us in our week 14 Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Michelle DT

ankitag612 said...

Such a sweet adorable card. The scene you built is so pretty. Awww.. I love the two baby bears peeping out of the RV! And that polka dot patterned paper in the background.. very very cute! Thank you so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

Monica C. said...

Such a sweet card! Great coloring on it too
Thank you for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.
Monica C. DT CWAA

Marie Bingaman said...

Oh My goodness! I wish I had grabbed up some of these images before the shop closed. This card is adorable! Wow. I just love it! :)

Annette said...

Lovely bear card, I miss Stampfairy too. The bears were my faves! xx

Jane Savage said...

Wonderful card; fabulous colouring!
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) xxx

Annemi said...

Wonderful card you'va made for your camping son. I bet he was superhappy for it. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Ann-Marie
TTCRD DT
Annemi {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

This is a darling card, which I am sure will be much appreciated. These bears are so cute, so sorry to hear they are no longer available. Thanks so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

Pat K said...

Oh this a fabulous card Donna. Love how you joined the digi's and created this wonderful scene. Beautiful colouring as always. Such a treat to visit you. hugs, Pat K xx

Warrell Creations said...

Beautiful, love the coloring!! Thank you for joining us over at the Pile It On! Challenge Blog~ Marciava Design Team Member

Creative world said...

And I am back to thank you for joining us at AUD SENTIMENTS CHALLENGE too
Željka DT xx

Squirrel x said...

This is really lovely, thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us for this AYLI challenge. See you again soon! Xx

Irene said...

Wow! I love it!
thanks for entering your project at Create and Inspire!
Irene https://madeinborgo.blogspot.com/

Melanie said...

A fabulous card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional all that glitters” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…