Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Gift of Winter

I have a Christmas card from my (burgeoning!) Draft Folder today... this one was made for Christmas 2015 but it hasn't been "Blogged" yet so here it is
It's a very simple card, but I really love it.  Quite possibly the beautiful Sara Burrier image from Crafts and Me called "Gift of Winter" is the reason!  After printing the image on Versalinen paper I coloured it with Prismacolor pencils, I really like the effect of the pencils on the textured card.
The background paper is from Kaisercraft, can't remember the pack... it's probably one of my 6x6 pads (that's what I use the most) but it may not be; it's so long since I made it I simply don't know where to look, and if I'm completely honest my Mojo isn't quite back yet so I can't bring myself to get up and start looking for it!!
I cut the oval mat with Spellbinders Floral Ovals, love this set, and embossed it with gold embossing powder from Ranger - it doesn't give a smooth finish and is exactly the look I was going for with the vintage image and paper.  The poinsettia is a Cottage Cutz die (I think, the name I put on it has rubbed off!), the gold "beads" in the centre are actually from my stash of egg decorating supplies... from 20 years ago!!  Who said I'm a craft-hoarder, lol.
The little dove is a Memory Box die, I inked the edges with some Colorbox gold ink, which I used to soften all the edges on the card inside and out.  
Talking of the inside, here it is.  More paper from the same pad, the sentiment is a really old wood stamp - I should have juiced up my red inkpad but I think I get away with the slightly starved look - it has a vintage feel.  The same Spellbinders Floral Oval die for the mat, Spellbinders Standard Oval die for the sentiment panel and poinsettia die as on the front.  That's it
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Little Red Wagon What's Red All Over? (Use Lots of Red)
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Use Patterned Paper
Cute Card Thursday Vintage/Distressing
Hiding in my Craftroom Anything Holiday
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Anything Christmas Goes (opt: Things with Wings
12 Months of Christmas Anything (Christmas) Goes
A Snowflakes Promise Anything (Christmas) Goes
Simply Papercrafts Anything Goes
Create and Inspire Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Anything Goes
Creative Fingers Anything Goes
Crafty  Creations Anything Goes
Little Miss Muffet Anything Goes
Simon Says Challenge Anything Goes

Thought I'd add a quick pic of the twins... my how they've grown!  We took them to a local park last week and my son Chris took a few pics - these ones are from LAST year, the same park though, lol, I'll add the current ones another day
I hope to be back soon with another offering (quite possibly from that Draft Folder... though I HAVE managed to add some "new" makes to it over the last few weeks, so it's not as dire as it sounds.  Until then Happy Crafting, Donna 

9 comments:

JanR said...

Fab card! Love that you decorated the inside too. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

samanthadesigns said...

This is gorgeous. The coloring of the image matches the background perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers Challenge. -Samantha (DT)

Pat K said...

Gorgeous card Donna. What a beautiful image and elegant design. The twins are beautiful too...and growing so fast. hugs, Pat K xx

Barbara Bruder said...

Your card is gorgeous. Love that gold frame and that background paper is so pretty. Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

Teresa Kline said...

pretty, your coloring is awesome! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Dotstolines said...

Beautiful creation! Thanks for playing with us at Through The Craftroom Door ATG Challenge! Looking forward to seeing you again and good luck!
Regards,
Sunila & Aditi- DT
Dots to Lines

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional use blue & silver” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

Crafting Belle said...

Gorgeous card, love the colors. Thank you for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles. Hugs Lisa xxx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous image beautifully coloured and love the gold embossed die-cut frame-----Thank you for joining us at Create and Inspire
Carol DT x