Tuesday, March 01, 2016

As We March Into March...

Yup, MARCH already, eek!!  Being the start of a new month means the start of a new challenge at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge, as always the "theme" is to use Patterned Paper somewhere on your creation.  I made a card for my hubby and my (not sure of the grammar there, lol) 38th Wedding Anniversary last week.  These colours were the colours we had for our wedding, so of course our anniversary card is always based on these :-)
I thought I'd do a cut-out card, using acetate - the photo isn't the best quality I'm afraid, I took this one in my photo tent and didn't get around to redoing it!
The cuter than cute image is from The Paper Shelter, it's called Jurassic Love (I said to my hubby that being married this long these days makes us practically dinosaurs in the marriage stakes!) it's available here.  The Paper Shelter  has "Animal Magic" as it's challenge theme this time around so I'm entering there.  Cutie Pie Challenge  has All You Need is Love, while Great Impressions has Any Celebration as their challenge theme, so I'll be entering them too.
I DID manage to re-take the picture of the inside, which shows that cute image off much better, I coloured - as usual - with Copics and Prismacolor pencils.  There's lashings of glossy accents on the eyes, toenails and hearts. 
The patterned paper is from Die Cuts With a View's Once Upon a Time collection, I love it - then again I would, wouldn't I? this being my favourite colour combo and all :-) Cute Card Thursday has Florals so I'm entering there. I used a textured paper to mat this time, it is really quite fibrous and has a nice glitteriness about it that is hard to pick up in photos.

I've added a detail shot of the eyes. If there's enough "room" in the image I like to finish the eyes like this, it just adds a little "something" - looks more realistic; not that I REALLY know what a dinosaur's eyes look like or whether the ladies wore ribbons in their "hair" lol.

The ribbon is from my stash, I used my Bow-Easy to tie the bow, Inky Chicks wants to see Ribbon and/or lace, The charm is from my stash too - it's quite heavy, which in this case is a good thing as it helps to keep it vertical. Creatalicious Challenge wants to see a charm and Polkadoodles has a Tic Tac Toe challenge; I've used Charms/Animal/Sentiment line.
I added the last of my self adhesive flat backed pearl "string" to the edge of the heart on the inside and outside of the card to neaten that up... these things are great, I really will have to try and source some more of them, especially in this size.
I stamped the sentiment directly onto the card, but it was very crooked.  So I stamped some squiggles on some cream card using the edge of a small floral die from Kaisercraft in different colours of Stazon; burgundy, black and Timber Brown - I took the excess ink off the stamp first so that it wasn't too strong - then I stamped the sentiment using brown pigment ink, distressing the edge with the same ink to soften the effect.  Actually considering it was to cover a botch up, I was quite happy with it.  I used my latest "tool", my Stamp-a-Ma-Jig.... and I still managed to get it a bit crooked, ah well, it's better than the version stamped on the card!! The sentiment on the inside of the card was a freebie from the ever generous Paulette at Created With TLC... one of my all time favourite places for sentiments; Aud Sentiments wants to see "Cute + a Sentiment", tick tick, and Winter Wonderland want us  to Use a Sentiment (this is the last challenge for the year where they don't have a Christmas theme too) so I'm entering there.
Whimsy Inspirations Challenge, Little Miss Muffet, Li'l Patch of Crafty Friends, Simply Papercrafts, That Craft Place, Crafting With Friends, Creative Fingers, Art by Miran, Simon Says Challenge ,Craft Your PassionThrough the Craftroom Door  all have Anything Goes themes so I'm in there too.

That's about it for today's card, pop over to the blog and check out the rest of the team's inspiration... I hope you get a chance to enter the challenge, there's a great prize on offer as always, and it's such an easy theme :-)  I'll be back very soon with something a little different.  Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna 

23 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

a lovely fun image and gorgeous card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Jackie C said...

Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Creatalicious,great use of a charm! Jackie DT member

Nannieflash said...

I love what youve done with this TPS image, and your card design is fabulous. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

Gail said...

This is adorable. I love how you've colored these sweet dinosaurs and the cut out heart with them on the inside is fabulous! What a great anniversary card! Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie challenge! Hugs, Gail

Mynn xx said...

Donna, this is SO cute! I LOVE the fun image--and your coloring is fabulous! Super sweet creation! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Anonymous said...

What fantastic colouring.Just love design with the heart shaped window and finished off so beautifully with the pearls.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

MaxiBelle Studio said...

Totally adorable! love the peek-a-boo window & fun digi. Thanks for joining us for our 'Anything Goes' challenge #52.
Alicia (Art by Miran DT)
MaxiBelle Studio

Julie Odil said...

What an adorable anniversary card! Thanks for joining our Celebration Challenge this month at Great Impressions Stamps. Julie, DT member

Veronica Regazzi - Le Idee di Penelope said...

Wow, so simpatic this stamp!!!!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.
Dt Veronica

Marjeta said...

Beautiful image. I havent seen it jet. Anyhow, your card is super.

Marjeta

Deb said...

Fabulous card!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

Hazel said...

Thank you for your lovely inspiration design team contribution for our Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March challenge x

Alison said...

This is such a fun card for your anniversary and I love the expressions on the dinosaurs' faces. Great colour combo too and a wonderful way to remember your wedding. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland.
Alison x

Cicci said...

Soooo lovely !!! A great card for love!!!
Love The design !!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
TTCRD DT
ciccividpennan.blogspot.com {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Fantastic card.
Hope you can also join our challenge here
http://mycraftingstories.blogspot.co.id/2016/03/challenge-3-easter.html

Hugs,
Merlina

Amanda said...

Hi Donna, I love your card!! It is such fun and super cute!
Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place. Good Luck and hope to see you again next time.
Hugs Amanda

Handmade by Veer said...

Exellent card! Love the image and the design!
Thank you for joining us at Crafting with Friends
Veronique DT
Please link up to the specific challenge not to the blog

Eileen said...

A fabulous fun card Donna. The image you have used really is cute. Beautifully coloured and love the use of acetate. Love the paper you have used to..... the 'once upon a time' paper is one I have used but now only have one sheet left... and to use it would have to be for a really special card, as in the one you have made here.
Thanks for playing along with our 'Add a Sentiment' challenge at Winter Wonderland this week, and hope to see you joining us again
Eileen x

Unknown said...

I love the cute characters on your card. It is a great entry for the tic-tac- toe challenge over at Polkadoodles Challenge Blog at the moment. Good luck, Jackie DTx

Unknown said...

Great card, the dinosaurs are adorable!

Helen said...

Love it - those dinosaurs are so cute!

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

Peanut said...

Oh my goodness! How cute are these little critters.
Thank you so much for your get well wishes, Donna. I'm feeling better. That was one nasty bug, I tell ya!
x Asha

Melanie said...

A gorgeous card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "add a charm” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Come and Get It)

(DT Crafty Friends)