Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Holly Jolly GDT

I am very pleased to say that I am the Guest Designer for the Holly Jolly challenge this week... the theme is "Christmas Tags" - you can make a tag or a card with a tag on it.  I've gone with the "card with tag" option :-)
I've used a Bugaboo image, they are the sponsors this week, this is Fancy Sunbonnet Christmas.  I coloured with Copics adding some gold flatbacks from my stash to the centre of the Poinsettia.  Fab'n'funky Challenges has a Christmas challenge so I'm entering there, Winter Wonderland wants us to use a digi, Crafty Creations has Seasonal and Whimsy Inspirations Challenge want us to use something new - in this case my digi image - so I'm entering those too.
I've used the sketch from the Friday Sketch challenge, I thought it lent itself well to adding the tag.  The papers I've used are from Kaisercraft's Christmas Carol pad, the print is nice and shiny (not that it shows in the pics of course!)  the scalloped strip and the tag are from the same pad, I matted everything onto Kaisercraft card.  The sentiment is from a set of clear stamps by Xtra, the eyelet was set using my Cropadile (love that thing, so much easier than the old bash-and-hope system I used before, lol) and the green sheer ribbon and red bow are from my stash.  Creative Craft Challenges have a recipe challenge, sadly their last for the foreseeable future; 1 image (check), 1 sentiment (check), 2 papers (the background print and the scalloped border), 2 different types of embellishments (gold pearls and ribbon/bow), so I'm entering there. 
I finished the inside of the card using more of the Christmas Carol paper, and another of the tags from the pad, the jotting panel is really textured, very nice IRL.  I added some Pearl Pen berries to the tag and Cropadile-d a smaller eyelet to it.  I cut a scrap of the paper from the front with Spellbinders Classic Border scalloped die and added a few gold flatbacks to tie it all in.
Through the Craftroom DoorPapertake WeeklyPaper Creator Crafts and Bugaboo have Anything Goes challenges running, so I'm entering them all.
That's it for today's card, I'd like to thank Holly Jolly for having me as their Guest Designer and to particularly thank Cindy for adding my card as I only realised when I wrote the date this morning that I hadn't sent her photos of it.. in fact I hadn't taken photos of it so it was a rush job - and I'm sure she didn't need the stress!  Sometimes time just gets away from you... or is that just me?  Nah, surely not!
Nathan
Emily
I'm going out with my DIL  and the twins in the morning, it's the first time since Matt was in hospital that we've been out together just the two of us, and actually the first time I've been out with her and the twins without any other people wanting to cuddle them and show them off... we see each other at least twice a week so it was actually surprising to me when I worked out that this was the case; I'm so looking forward to it, even though it's a medical appointment first there'll be lunch after and even though I spent most of today with them I'm excited, lol. 
I'll be back soon with another card from my draft pile, Until then Happy Crafting, Donna

11 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

A stunning card. Love the vibrant colouring and the little gold accents. Lovely photos of the young ones.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

brenda said...

What a beautifully bright and welcoming card Donna.

B x

downrightcrafty said...

beautiful love your use of the digi theme, thank you so much for joining us at the Winter Wonderland challenge
Hugs Kate xx
ps. I have new release candy if you are interested :)

Judith said...

What a gorgeous card Donna - I love all the details both inside and out. Your twin grandbabies are just delightful - there's something very endearing about twins - I'm not surprised you have to fight to show them off yourself!! - hope you had a lovely day Thank you for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week hugs Judith xx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Donna, I love the cute image and beautiful festive colours.
Awwww Emily and Nathan are totally adorable!
Sue xx

Blueboreale (Aurore) said...

Jolie carte et jolie colorisation !
Merci pour ta participation au Fab'n'Funky challenge blog
Bises

Cindy van Oorschot said...

A great card Donna, I love it, and you did a fabby job. Sorry about the delay of it being visible on the blog, but it is there. now. Thanks again for being our GDT member this week.
Cindy

Joey said...

Donna they sure are beautiful! I hope your day went perfect :)

Your card as always gorgeous! Joey x

Min said...

The card is gorgeous and I love the gold bling you added. And the kiddos - ADORABLE!!!
Thanks for playing along with us this week for the Anything Goes Catch The Bug Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our new Love Challenge that starts today! We hope you’ll play along!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
Kaymin Kreations

Jean said...

Another beauty, loving the inside and out xx

Kelly said...

Beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at Whimsy Stamps. Hugs Kelly