Saturday, December 07, 2013

Non Traditional Colours for Christmas

It's time for a new challenge at Di's Digis Challenge Blog, this time we'd like to see your Christmas cards made using Non Traditional Christmas colours.  I'm a Traditional colours type of gal, I've got to say, but I really enjoyed this challenge and I'm happy with the result - which isn't always the case, lol.
I made another Kraft card so these colours just seemed to be the way to go. This is one of the new Christmas images from Di's Digi Stamps, I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it- it's called  "Izzy's Nativity", isn't it sweet?!!  I've coloured with Copics adding some shading and details with Prismacolor pencils, and this is the first card for some time without any glitter or gloss - it just didn't seem appropriate.  I did 'blotchy' shading around the image; I have tried this before and failed miserably, ending up fussy cutting the image, this time it's okay, I'm sure practice makes the master so I'll just have to persevere!  Creative Craft Challenges has a Non Traditional Colours challenge too, so I'm entering there.  The Cutie Pie Challenge theme is Cute Scenes (definitely cute, hopefully counts as a scene!) and Hobbycutz is Make a Scene, so I'm in there too.
I've used the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches, great sketch - very versatile... AND I'm inside the deadline for once, lol.  I used plain papers embossing the brown with Cuttlebug's Snowflakes folder and the blue with Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots folder. I sanded the embossing then inked it with blue Versamark (on the brown) and a bit of brown Versamark on the blue.  Simon Says Challenge wants us to Make Our Own background paper, so I'm in, and Winter Wonderland and Addicted to Stamps both have Embossing, so in there too.
The wooden angel came from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, I inked the edges with brown Versamark to soften it a bit.  The gold cord is from my stash and the little golden 'stars' came as a freebie with some metallic pearls I bought on ebay - they're really quite sparkly IRL and do add a certain "something" even though they look a little out of place in the pic :-)  The sentiment is from Craftworks Cards, I really will have to get some more of these as, despite having a LOT of senitments both stamps and digis I find myself reaching for these all the time.  Bearly Mine Challenges want us to use a Christmas Sentiment, so I'm in and Pile It On has P is for - I'm stretching it but "P is for Peace on Earth" - okay, I'll understand if it's disallowed :-)  Paper Crafting Journey, Creatalicious ChallengesMy Mums Craft Shop, and Divas by Design all have variations of a Christmas theme so I'm entering those too.
I finished the inside of the card (don't I always!) to match the front. Holly Jolly Christmas ChallengeThrough the Craftroom DoorClear It Out, Papertake Weekly and Stamping Sensations all have Anything Goes challenges, too easy!!
Well that's it for today's card, pop over to the blog and check out the rest of us radical (well Non Traditional for this week, lol) chicks... I hope you get a chance to enter the challenge, there's a great prize on offer and if you use one of Di's images (there's plenty of sweetness over there to choose from) you go in an extra draw, woohoo!
I'll be back soon - as soon as I get time that is - you'd think it was Christmas with how busy we are at the moment, lol. Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna 

27 comments:

Sue said...

Awwwwww such a sweet and delightful image. Your colouring is so beautiful and I love the papers.
I hope you have a good weekend
Sue xx

Di said...

Hi Donna
Wow Wow!!! this is just fabulous!! i just love the colours you have used and your colouring is awesome!!!
Thankyou
Hugs Di xxx

Debbie said...

What a beautiful card!! I love that adorable image and your colouring is amazing!!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous embossing and a great entry to our Winter Wonderland Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have new candy if you are interested :)

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Donna. A fabulous image and so beautifully coloured.
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Fantastic coloring!! Gorgeous! Thank you for joining the TTCRD Challenge and good luck to you.

brenda said...

Such a very pretty card for our theme this month, thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Grandma Bonnie said...

This is a beautiful card, interesting that the original sketch you used is similar to the one at Tuesday Morning Sketches..thanks for sharing!

Deborah said...

Beautiful card with great embossing. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland this week.

Deborah

julie_woolston said...

Just love this the image is just perfect.
Thanks for sharing at Bearly Mine Challenge.
Hugs Julie x

Sol said...

Beautiful card!! FAB coloring!!! And I love your embossing.. and the color shining through!! :o)
Thank you for joining us at ATSC! :o) Hugs Sol :o)

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card, I love the image. Thanks for joining in our "Non Traditional Christmas Colours" challenge at Creative Craft.
Hugs
Bev x

Kris B said...

Beautiful card! Love the blue/brown color combo! Wonderful image and your coloring is fantastic! Love all the textures and details you put into your card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches! Please come back and join us again!

Michelle B. said...

Truly beautiful Christmas card, wonderful coloring too! So glad you joined us for our Christmas Time challenge at Creatalicious!

Pat K said...

Fabulous card, beautifully coloured as always and a wonderful image. Think I might need this one as well...you are my enabler. hugs, Pat K x

Julie said...

Lovely card. Great colors. Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges
Hugs,
Julie T

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful card. Lovely elegant design. Thank you for joining us at Holly Jolly this week. Good luck with the blog hop. Hope you play along with us in 2014. Judy DT

Unknown said...

I saw this card from a challenge and I can't helped but to comment. Your card is pretty wonderful, such a beautiful creation. love the colors, with a hint of vintage. With some heartiest Christmas messages on them, that will surely be a good greetings this holiday.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is just stunning hun, love the colours & that image is so sweet & perfectly coloured!
Hugs Shell xx

cheiron said...

Love your embossed BG and that sweet image. Thanks for playing along witht the Make Your Own Background Challenge this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Debs said...

Gorgeous card - adorable image so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for playing along with The Divas this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Teresa said...

Fabulous card Donna, I love these colours together, gorgeous image too.
Hugs Teresa xx

Unknown said...

Lovely image, great coloring and perfect design! :)
Have a great day...

Wishcraft said...

Adorable! Such a sweet image, fab design and colours too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous, cute design and I love your interpretation of the sketch. Such a lot of love detail and texture with the embossing too.Thanks for joining us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge.
Hugs
Carol

Eret said...

Happy new Year! Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation. Your coloring of the image is so beautiful. Love the color combo of the card and your fantastic design. I hope you join us again in our new challenge.
Eret x

K Clark said...

beautiful card!! thanks for joining us at Pile it on... we have started a new challenge - please go and check it out!
Kimberly DT