Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Blue and Green.... Can Be Seen Here!

The old saying "Blue and green should never be seen..." doesn't apply at the Less Is More challenge this week, so I thought I'd give it a go.
I bought the papers from Starfish Lane with the birthday voucher my son gave me... I bought a lot of what I call "special" paper, the base is a really rich colour IRL, and very textured.  
The Chiyogami panel is mounted on a strip of micro corrugated gold board, the edge of which is punched with Fiskars Apron Lace punch.  
I used this paper on the card on the left (in this post), isn't it amazing how different it looks when used with a different contrast colour?!  
The sentiment is stamped with Versa Mark clear ink and embossed with gold embossing powder - and was the hardest part of the card!  I was thinking of making a set of these cards as a gift, but as the stamping is so hard to get even on the heavily textured card, I may use stickers (or peel offs) of which I have about a zillion in my stash, lol.
I finished the inside with elements from the front, very simple, to suit the style of the card.  As well as the Blue and Green challenge at  Less is More, I'm entering the Clean and Simple challenge at Cute Card Thursday and the Anything Goes challenges at Craft Your PassionPapertake Weekly and 2 Sisters Challenge.
I've been colouring some images up, I really have to get some on to cards and out of my embarrassingly-large stash.  The problem is I'm amassing a stash of made cards too;  I've sold some previously, via my son and a friend, but I think I'll have to get some sort of system in place to keep it ticking over... to make room for more, if nothing else :-)  Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna

8 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, the colours are wonderful

Sue

Michelle said...

CAS and very nice.
Thanks for playing with us at CYP.
LG Michelle

Chrissie said...

Great card Donna, and using last week's sketch too!
It looks fab.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Donna, love the scrummy paper.

Donna x

Elaine said...

Great cards - love the blue card! I really must use coloured card more - yours is so striking!

NGCARDS said...

A lovely creation hun! Thanks for playing along at PTW! xxx

Mandi said...

Striking card, love the dark card base
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

mandy said...

Lovely CAS card Hun :)

Thanks for joining us at 2Sisters Challenge

Hugs Mandy xxx