Saturday, April 14, 2012

Happy Birthday; You Suit Me To a "Tea"

Today is my husband's birthday, I've made this easel card for him.  Charisma Cardz has a Fancy Folds challenge, so I'm entering there.
We have a sort of "in" joke about his tea drinking.... I've never met anyone who likes his tea more, with the possible exception of my Dad :-)  We have a somewhat overstocked liquor cabinet (when you reach "a certain age" it's what EVERYONE gets you for Christmas, lol) and every evening I ask if he would like a Port or something, and every evening he thinks about it... and then says "oh nah, I think I'll have a cup of tea; I know, I'm boring!"  I tell him he really knows how to live large.  Consequently I made the sentiment for his card read: "Happy Birthday to a man who really knows how to....Par-TEA!!"  The Deep Ocean Challenge this time is Inspired by a Song, I'm thinking "I'm a Little Teapot..." though my hubby's tall and not stout at all, lol.
I've used the great sketch from Totally Gorjuss, I love a good sketch.  The image is Dad Relaxing, Dog (yup, there is a "Dad Relaxing, Cat!!) from Digistamp Boutique , they have a monthly challenge to enter if you use one of their fab images, so I'm in.  Fab'n'funky Challenges has "On All Fours" (use an animal image) I've coloured the little dog in this image just like our little Jack Russell Rocky(whose picture is in my sidebar), who sits by my hubby's feet every evening.   I've used Copics, though I did add a little depth with Prismacolor pencils.  Waste Not Wednesdayswhich gets us to use our Stash, is on my list of challenges too.
Joanna Sheen has "It's a Man's World as their challenge theme, so I'm entering there, Digital Tuesday has a Birthday theme, so I'm entering there too.
I used paper from a Merci pad, and Basic Greys Oliver pad, plus silver "filler" board.
I cut the image panel with Nestabilites Labels Three, cutting the silver mat freehand to get it large enough.  I embossed all the silver card with Cuttlebugs Tiny Bubbles embossing folder, I love how the texture adds another dimension without the interference of another patterned paper.  The Crafty Pad has Die-Delicious for its challenge so I'm entering there.  
The only embellishment on this card is the little teapot button, which came in a bag of novelty buttons from Spotlight, I toned the colour down a bit with Copics.
Fairy Fun Fridays has an Anything Goes challenge, so I'm entering that too.
The Cutie Pie Challenge this time around is to use our favourite Cute stamp... I haven't been entering because I couldn't decide WHICH is my favourite, but I've decided the cute ones pretty much are ALL my favourite so I'm entering Dad and the Dog there too :-)  
Well that's about it for today's card, it's gone midnight now and so not my hubby's birthday anymore... it's mine on Monday so we're on countdown now, which reminds me to remind YOU that I have Candies running (links at the top of my sidebar) for Followers and for "Followers-or-not"... it's been drawn Monday so DO enter, you never know :-)
I'll be back on Sunday with a make for Here Come The Boys.  Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

14 comments:

Vicky said...

This is so cute hun...and super layout too...:o)

have a lovely weekend...big hugs Vicky xx

Kat said...

Great image for hubby's card. Hope he liked it! Great take on our sketch. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

kbrandy4 said...

Brilliant card and fab image!! Thanks for sharing with the Cutie Pies!!
Hugs
Hazel xx

debbi taylor said...

great card - love it...
thanks for taking part in the challenge at the crafty pad this week

Cat's sCrap said...

Beautiful card. Interesting theme. Nice picture.Wonderful compositon. Congratulations !

Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

Hugs from France.
Catherine.

Pat K said...

Great birthday card for your hubby with so many extras that make it special for him. Just brilliant.
Thank you so much for the "coincidence" comment on my card ~ it honestly made my day. You're the best. Hugs, Pat K.

Unknown said...

He will love this Donna , what a fab card love the shape and the image is super. Well done Hugs Elaine

Venus and Luanne @ Sisters Craft Cafe said...

What a nice card!! Great job! Thanks for joining The Crafty Pad Challenge

venus

Wishcraft said...

Oh this is fab! Love this image and you've coloured him so perfectly. Thanks for joining in with my WNW challenge hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Emma H said...

Hee hee, this is such a fun card and so personal! Hope your hubby loves it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Fab N Funky this week!

Gram's Treasures said...

Had to chuckle, and I'm sure your husband will too. Lovely card and the perfect image. Thanks for playing along this week at Charisma....hope to see you next time too!

Jane said...

Fabulous card! thanks for joining us at Deep Ocean Challenges! hugs, Jane x

Shelby Goolsby said...

Love this!! That metal look amazing.

Deb said...

what a wonderful creation, your coloring is beautiful and such a great layout, thanks so much for joining our challenge at Prairie Fairy Fridays
Debs
xxx