Monday, February 20, 2012

April Showers...

The card I have for you today was made as a Design Team project for All That Scraps, but in a very sudden turn of events the Digi Design Team has been scrapped; so I am no longer on it - if you get what I mean :-) It makes the sentiment on this card kind of poignant; life's all about doors closing and windows opening.  
I was offered a place on the Challenge team, and while I enjoyed my stay I've decided to lighten my commitment for a while. It means of course, that I can once again enter the All That Scraps challenges, and as this week is "fancy folds" that's exactly what I'll be doing with my little easel card.
The image is Honey with Umbrella, digi of course!  Isn't she cute? Paper Crafting Journey has Make It Cute so I'm entering their challenge.  I coloured her with Copics and meant to add gloss to her little boots but completely forgot (just like yesterdays card), I've been super busy so my brain is a bit crowded at the moment, lol.

I used the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday, a beauty as always :-)  The papers are from Inque Boutique and Echo Park, with blue cardstock from American Crafts.  The ribbon is from my stash, as are the tiny buttons, Pollycraft has Ribbon and Buttons as their challenge this time, so I'm entering there and Totally Papercrafts has Ribbon and or Bows, so entering there too.  

The flowers, which were white until I inked them up with some Versamark ink were in my stash too. Cute Card Thursday and the Cutie Pie Challenge both have a Flower Power theme so I'll be entering there, Make It Colourful has Spring Colours as their theme so I'll be entering there too.
The sentiment is computer generated, and since I took these photos I've added the faux stitching to the "bring May flowers" panel.... didn't even see that I'd missed it until I posted the photo!
I cut the image panel with Nestabilities Classic Ovals and the mat with Nestabilities Scalloped Ovals.
Allsorts Challenges has Anything Goes all this month... so this is this week's entry.
Well, that's it for today.  I've still got a couple of cards to post - at least things are not so manic as they were last week so I should get them up this week.  It's hot again (Summer in Australia, seriously what do I expect, lol) it was hot really late today - 37c (100f) at 4pm so it's still warm now (10pm) and it's forecast the same tomorrow.  Looks like the air con will be on in the bedroom again... last night I had the air con AND the ceiling fan on, I think my hormone pills are struggling... maybe not, maybe it's just HOT :-)  One thing for sure I'm looking forward to those April Showers...

19 comments:

Genevieve said...

Very sweet card! Adorable image & your papers couldn't be anymore perfect. Thanks for joining us @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday :)

Genevieve DT

Lisa xx said...

air con and the fan on!!! wow last night I went to bed with fleecy pyjamas, and en extra fleecy blanket thrown over the duvet!!!! Gorgeous card anyway, thank you for sharing with the cutie pies xx

Dodici said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts!
Dodici
x

catherine said...

Great card and good take on the sketch. love the colours
x catherine

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card hun...and I so love the pretty colours you have used too :o)

and thanks for joining us at tpc and good luck...!

have a great day...big hugs Vicky xx

Mimi said...

Very sweet card Donna! Adorable image and cute sketch! Unfortunate about the digi team, was just getting to know you all! But will continue to follow your awesome work!! Enjoy your holiday! ;D

Tracy S said...

I am sorry to hear that the design team went away, that is a shame because this card is so very sweet! Love what you did with the square panels and the ribbon.

Jeannie said...

Terrific coloring on this image and of course the raindrop paper couldn't be more perfect! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Wishcraft said...

Oh so cute! Love the sweet image and your fab colouring, great layout too :o) Lisa x

Kathie said...

Hi Donna, sorry to hear about your news and the design team. Very hot here last night windows open and so was the ranch slider off our deck in the bed room. Love your card such a cute image and great colours. Great job and thanks for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

mulberry station said...

I am sorry about the DT too. I love your sweet image and darling papers for your easel card. I an going to make an easel card one day... Yours is so cute. Your coloring is done to perfection and I really love your pastel color scheme. Thanks for joining us.
Nancy SSW-DT

Linda Anderson said...

Oh what a sweetie of a card! Love the easel cards, just wish I would think to make one!!!! Yours certainly is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Joey said...

Donna its beautiful! gorgeous image and love the layout, thanks for joining us at Pollycraft too, Shame about the dt :( Joey xxx

Sharon Basel said...

Oh my this is so darn cute! I just love that you've picked the most perfect papers to go with this adorable image. BEautifully done! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
Sharon, SSW-DT

lindyloo said...

such a cute cute card thank you for joining us at cutie pie this time hope u can join us again lindyloo x

Shelby Goolsby said...

Love the card Donna, beautiful as always. You are right about new windows opening there are always better things to come:)

Sue said...

Hi Donna
a gorgeous card, fab colouring, lovely papers & design,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, sue,x

Anonymous said...

Huggies Donna!! You know I'm a push over for an easel!! Lol! SUch a pretty card Thanks for being a Cutie Pie again this challenge! Hugs Woo x

Laura (sandytoz) said...

Thanks for playing with us at Paper Crafting Journey, make it cute!
Love, Laura