Thursday, March 31, 2011

Not so Young Love

This is my last card as Guest DT for Cute Card Thursday, :-( this weeks theme is to have a couple on your card. Pop over and have a look at the other inspiration, why not enter while you're at it!   I've made this for my Aunty and Uncles Anniversary, we're going out to dinner with them tomorrow evening and I'm sure they'll get a chuckle out of it.  
It so suits them: They are always in their garden and, while my Aunty doesn't knit that much she does needlecraft, almost as relentlessly as I do "other" craft.  My Uncle looks (quite a!) bit like the gentleman in the image, which is "Flirty Seniors" from Make it Colourful, I love their images, so quirky!  
The background is from this (Aussie) site too, it's called Daffodil Dell, I'm entering their challenge; this time around the theme is to Colour a Background, this is the first time I've really done a background!  I used Prismacolor pencils to colour the "sky" and shadows, but chickened out and went with my lovely Copics for the rest!  You don't have to use Make it Colourful images, but c'mon, why wouldn't you....digis of course so readily and immediately available to all!  And, just so you know, I DON"T have any affiliation with MiC, I just like 'em!
I cut the image out, and popped it up on foam dots - my favourite way to get extra dimension, I used thicker-than-usual foam dots....it really stands out from the background.
The background paper is Fairie Florals by Prima, The lemon panel, which I embossed with Cuttlebugs Textile folder, the green panel and the stripy paper are from Kaisercraft's Lilac Avenue collection. I used Martha Stewart's Doily Lace border punch on the green panel.
The purple card for matting is from American Crafts Weave range. 
Lexis Creations has "Ribbon but no bows or knots" as it's theme this time around, my lovely orange polka dot ribbon, which has been "hanging around" - literally - my studio for months gets me entered there.












The sketch is from Friday Sketchers this week, I really liked it, and I got the colour inspiration from Cupcake Inspirations, so I'm entering their challenge too, how bright and cheery are those cute little cuppies?!  They have such a spring feeling to them.  I'm entering my card in the challenge at Stamp Something and Totally Gorjuss this week which both have Spring as their theme.  
Delicious Doodles has Floral Fantasy as it's theme, not only are there flowers aplenty in the background, there are flowers on the corners of the image panel, so my Flirty pair would have been going there, but one of the other challenges I'm entering limits you to entering six and that would be seven, so I'll give it a miss this time, but next time I'll only enter challenges without restrictions!!  
I just couldn't find the "right" flowers for these corners, in the end I cut up some that came as a sort of ribbon and coloured them with Copics.  I left the one at the top right without a centre: I thought it looked like the sun and the corner piece on the opposite side looks like a sun umbrella for my Oldies to sit under!  
Sweet Stampin' has "Weather" as it's challenge theme, so I'm entering there.
I finished the inside of the card really simply, using elements from the front.
I hope you liked my card, and I hope my Aunty likes it too....by the by, this Aunty is my mothers sister; my mum is unwell at the moment, she has just had Bronchial Pneumonia and now is suffering from two broken ribs - from coughing!! My Aunty, to go out in sympathy I'm sure, fell over a dog while out walking and has broken her wrist!!  Mmmm, yes it is a bit hereditary, my husband reckons I could trip over a leaf!
My niece (finally) had her baby, 9lbs 4oz - not bad for a first!  I'm off to visit, I've seen his picture and he is GORGEOUS!
 Hope you enjoyed this rather longwinded, not like me I know lol, post.  Until next time Happy Crafting, Dee

8 comments:

Brenda said...

Another gorgeous card. Don't you hate when those guest spots end!! Love the papers, design that went into this card. As well as your coloring. Your Aunt and Uncle will love it!!

Beccy said...

Hi Dee

Hope you enjoyed your first time (background colouring of course) the result is fabulous. Thanks for joining our colour challenge at Make it Colourful

Beccy x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful cute card and I love the images.
luv
Debby

Jennibee's Cardspot said...

Hi just browsing and found your blog, love this image, it's so cute!
Jenni

lalkygirl said...

stunning card ,love the image and your colouring is awesome,i love the pretty flowers too,thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
tracey x

Fiona said...

lovely card...love the image and the 3d effect!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi

An Occasional Genius said...

Love the colours & the image, just fabulous, it certainly brought a smile to my face! Thanks so much for playing along with the Sweet Stampin challenge x

Rachel Hope said...

Hee hee, so fun! :) Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!