Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Don't Just Sit There..........

This card is in response to All That Scraps Weekly Wednesday Challenge for this week, "make a manly card".  I used a sketch from Tickled Pink Stamps monthly challenge.  The sentiment says "It's your birthday  Don't just sit there....Celebrate"
I used cream cardstock for the card.  The teal coloured background paper is pearl metallic and has been embossed with the Woodgrain folder by Craft Concepts, in my cuttlebug.  The black and silver paper is kind of "fluffy" - very hard to cut neatly and putting glue tape on it was tragic - it just peeled off bringing fluff with it!  
This is the sketch I used, a very simple sketch but also very adaptable.  The image is one of the Sugarplums "Take a Seat" collection, by CC Designs, available at All That Scraps  and Tickled Pink Stamps.  This is Trevor and he is sitting on the Big Chair!  I coloured him with Copics and Bic markers.  The chair is paper pieced using some of the Le Chateau 6"x6" collection by Kaisercraft, the background of the image is from that collection too,  The rug is one of the tags that came in the collection cut down.  I made the arms and seat of the chair seperate and popped them up on an extra layer of foam dots so they look more 3D, I also went around the "inside" edges of the chair with shading to give more depth, I did the same under the chair on the rug. The green decorations on the chair arms are metallic pearl brads.  
I generated the sentiment on the computer and cut it out using Labels Four Nestabilities and my lovely pink Cuttlebug. I inked the edges of the sentiment plaque with a little Kaisercraft Jade pigment ink.  I used the same ink to sponge around the inside edges of the card where I also stuck some of the background paper from behind the image (cut to the pattern you can see), to bring the theme from the front in to the card.  The brightly coloured glittery sticker is to emphasize the contrast between "Just sitting there" and "Celebrating".
This was a fun card to do, and got me thinking about the different ways of using my "Take a Seat" images.
So, have a good day and "Don't just sit there......CRAFT!"  Dee



1 comment:

Brenda said...

Super cute card. I tried to comment on all the entries last week. i must have missed yours. Sorry!!! I love that you paper pieced the couch!