Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day 2010: The Cards!




Mothers Day card for my lovely Mum!  I started with a  nice cream gate fold card with scalloped edge, covered the "base" of the card with paper from DCWV Mat stack "Endless Summer".Basic Grey's "Indian Summer" on the flap. "Mother" cut out with my lovely Silhouette from Indian Summer paper, some pink fabric flowers with a punched flower cut from scraps of Indian Summer paper held together with a pink rhinestone brad.  Pink heart shaped and cream round flat backed pearls decorate the flap.  I fixed a bit of Endless Summer paper punched with my fiskars Apron Lace punch to the inside of the card so the card still looks attractive when standing (these cards "fall" open and it looks nicer to see decoration inside than writing, well MY writing anyway!)


Decorate the inside, they look better when standing up!
The purple card was for my Mother-In-Law.  I used Kaisercraft "Lilac Avenue" papers and the tag came from the same 6"x6" collection: coupled with the sticker sentiment it was an easy bit of labelling!  The centre of the fabric flower was a gold coloured (though not metallic) button with a flat back pearl stick on in the centre.  Once again I decorated the inside of the card so that it looks nice on display

No comments: