Sunday, October 31, 2010

45 and Fabulous

This is a birthday card for our friend Andrena who is turning 45, sweet young thing!  The sentiment says "45 and Fabulous......Has a certain ring to it, don't you think?"


I've used a Kenny K digi image "Movie Star" from their shop, and am entering their challenge for this week with the theme "2x2".  I have 2 of a lot!  2 plain papers, 2 patterned papers, 2 lots of embellishments (each of two stars of each colour) 2 corners and whatever else you can see!  The image is coloured with a combination of Copic markers and pigment inks.  The sentiment is computer generated.
The card is white with a square of textured black paper, it 's like crocodile skin!  The stripy paper is Doodlbug Designs and the purple mat the image is on is from Kaisercrafts Lilac Avenue 9" collection.  The orange is from DCWV, I think the Brights mat stack.  
It is going in to another couple of challenges too; Sketch and Stash, which is where I got the great sketch from,( it's #47), also Simon Says Stamp's challenge "Punch 'em": I used my Labels Four Nestabilities to cut the mat, and a punch I have had for ages and NEVER used for the stars, which I embossed with glitter - which of course doesn't show in the photo! 
I got the colour inspiration "Purple Orange Black"  from Flutterby Wednesday then I forgot the fundamental butterfly on it, so it won't be getting entered there after all!!  Still, great colours.  
I've given my movie star eyeshadow using the technique featured on Color Me Copic, this is a great tutorial and I'll be using it on my ladies where appropriate in future.  I used a watered down version as I was a bit timid this first time, but as long as you use a light hand - easy peasy!

2 comments:

Sue said...

wow what a fabulous card,great image and i love your colours...brilliant:)

thank you for joining us at sketch and stash

sue
xx

Nancy said...

This card is gorgeous, Donna:O) Love the colours and great design. The sparkling panel behind that fab coloured image looks beautiful.
Thank you for joining KKKG.
Hugs, Nancy;O)