Thursday, January 11, 2018

Oh "Deer", More Christmas Cards

Yup, it's another simple Christmas card (or two) from me today.  I will blog something different next time... promise!  These were made for this Christmas (2017); you can tell by their simplicity, lol.  They did look pretty nice IRL, truly :-)
The first is a scene that I made using inspiration from Pinterest
 
I embossed the base of the card with a really nice snowflake embossing folder from Die'sire (I think)... unfortunately it's a bit "munted" along one edge where I forced it through my Big Shot (causing some damage to that too, sigh) in a moment best described as, umm, tantrum!  I was tired, it wasn't going through - so I made it, I'm not proud, lol... and I have to try and replace the folder!  I cut the circle out of the gold foiled card with a Stitched Circle die set from Li'l Inkers that I've had for ages and hardly used, though I LOVE it.  I sponged in some sky, with a masked off moon, with pigment ink.  The snowbanks were cut from glittery fun foam using Stitched Hillside Border dies from Lawn Fawn... again I've hardly used them despite loving them!
The deer are Cottage Cutz, I used a snippet of gold-glittery card - it really WAS a snippet; I actually didn't have enough to do a complete deer, so Mr Deer has had a foot amputated... that's why it's tucked behind the frame :-)  Pixies Snippets Playground Snippets is well covered here, as is Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas ChallengeAnything Christmas, Option- Upcycle or use something old... that glitter paper is ANCIENT :-) 
The deer are popped up on foam dots, the hills are on different layers and the whole gold piece is up higher on more foam dots.  Tuesday Throwdown has "Layer It Up" as it's challenge theme, I think this qualifies, lol.  The snowflake dies were from a set of four on eBay... they were technically "for Christmas", but as I bought "a few" dies as my Christmas gift from hubby, I was able to filter out the ones I could use BEFORE Christmas - these cut beautifully and I have found that the fun foam is SO much sturdier than card, especially glittery card; this cut cleanly and you could really tug it out of the dies, be slapdash with the glue and position them more than once - try THAT with card, lol.  A few flat back pearls in the centres helped break it up.  Jingle Belles has "Look What Santa Brought Me" as their challenge theme, Santa was busy so I brought me with these dies - so I'm in, lol, Allsorts Challenges wants to see Something New as does Cute Card Thursday and 4 Crafty Chicks has Anything Goes with a "Use Dies or Punches" twist... in there too.
The second card is even more simple: I had the scalloped-edged card in my stash, I embossed it with a Couture Creations folder "Sugarplum Ball"... what a lovely crisp finish it gives!  
The image is from the net, I used my laser printer to print on linen card and laminator to add the foil... the sentiment is from Pink Petticoat, it doesn't show in the pics but that is gold foil too.  I just tied it on to the gold cord wrapped around the flap of the card. Done.  Card Mania Challenges has a Monochromatic theme, this should do, and The Crazy Challenge has Winter Wonderland - I think either card will do there, and either will do in these "Anything Goes" or "Anything Christmas" challenges:
Like I said I'll bring something better to the table next time... or at least it won't be Christmas!  Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

22 comments:

Wendy said...

Both of them are gorgeous Donna.
Wendy.

Leanne said...

Love the dies and the glitter, thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chick, awesome!

Leanne DT/4CC

lauren bergold said...

love, love, love those gorgeous glittery deer! (even more now that i know the secret of the "snippet" lol! i have actually done that!) :) so pleased you could show off your new goodies with us at JINGLE BELLES!

SmilynStef said...

I love that stitched circle die too ... so perfect for framing your lovely wintry scene ... so very glad you joined our first Jingle Belles Prompt of 2018.

Sue Crease said...

Ooh I love a good Christmas card and you've given us two! Beautiful makes. Thanks for sharing with us over at LPCF this month.

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning cards Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Paper Lily Leaf said...

I love your glittery deer! I also really like the mixture of metallic tones. Lovely card! April x

Sue said...

Gorgeous card and thanks for sharing with us at Paper Creator hugs Sue x

Wendy L said...

So stylish in white and gold , thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

PaperPlotterLottas-CraftChaos said...

Beautiful christmas cards.
Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge Anything Goes.
Hugs, Tina – DT
Polkadoodles Challenge

meg said...

Beautiful CAS style card,thank you for joining in at Paper Creator this month

Barb said...

These are two gorgeous cards Donna. I love those glittery deer. Barbxx

Billie A said...

Both cards are beautiful. I love the look and clean feel. So glad you shared over at Catch the bug.. you can also enter at our The Merry Christmas challenge listed in my blogs I belong to.
Billie A
Catch The Bug
Inspiration Destination
Creative With Stamps
Aud Sentiments
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card, so elegant. Thank you for play with us in Polkadoodles Craft Challenge - Anything goes.

Di said...

Fabulous! And I did giggle about forcing something through your die cutting machine in a bit of a paddy. We've all been there I'm sure!

Hugs

Di xx

Deb said...

your cards are so beautiful, I love that you managed to get your deer out of scraps of glitter card, I love to use up every little thing!
Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
Debxx

AlisonC said...

I love the glittery look on your first card and the textured white on your second.

Wishcraft said...

They're both beautiful Donna! Especially love those fabulous glittery deer. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Brenda said...

What beautiful cards! I'm a sucker for shine! Thanks so much for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

Valérie said...

Love the glittery deers on your first card. Thanks for joining our Creatalicious Challenge. Hugs, Valérie

Rose Andrew said...

Stunning card ... love the image !
Thank you for joining us over at Digi Choosday Challenge
Rose DT

Melanie said...

A lovely card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional wishes” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Stempel-Magie)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…