Friday, November 17, 2017

Another Simple Card

I have (yet another) simple card from my (yet again) Drafts Folder today, ONE day I'll get back into my Bloggin' Groove.  I've still got a lot of cards "unblogged" so I'll keep chipping away at them :-)
This is a card I made for my Sister in Law when her son died in 2015... I can't believe it is over two years since sweet Bradley went to a better place, but it is!
The grey and white designer paper is gorgeous in real life... just impossible to capture in photographs!  It has a lustre on the gold and a true pearl finish to the white... yummy!  It is from one of my "birthday vouchers" from my son, from one of my favourite haunts for "fab" paper... Starfish Lane in Perth.'

I popped the patterned paper (with flat black mat) up on foam dots.  I used versa linen light card for the image, colouring the sky and grass with Prismacolor pencils before printing the trees - which is just a free-to-use image I downloaded from the net, resized and flipped to make each tree look a little different.  I added a few native grass trees (Brad loved the bush) with permanent marker and some long grass and shadows around the base of the trees, I also added some highlights to one side of the trees to indicate light source... and to just break it up a bit!
The sentiment on the front is from a clear stamp set, can't remember the maker, the larger dots (they are faceted, but that doesn't show in the pics) are stickers I've had for yonks, the small flatbacks are also from my stash
In the inside I used a sentiment I made in Photoshop a while ago, I have the .png file for it on my "Templates and Freebies page" or here, if you'd like to grab it, and the same techniques and finishes on the front.  I added the jotting panel to the inside "cover" as I think it looks nicer than writing on the card base itself
... and that's it :-))
I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges: 
Allsorts Challenges Theme: Colours of Autumn
Paper Creator Crafts Theme: Reds, Browns and Oranges
Cupcake Inspirations Using this pic as inspiration.......
Fab'n'Funky Challenges Theme: Masculine Touch
Cuttlebug Mania Theme: Masculine
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge Theme: Use Patterned Paper

So that's all folks for today.  I hope to be back a little sooner with my next card, I also hope to MAKE a Christmas card or too... but it's my son's birthday (again, I know!!) so that will have to take precedence, along with his cake of course
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna

19 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful B.paper I honestly though it was embossed-fabulous background to your trees imageThank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
Carol DT x

susiestacey said...

Lovely card for such a sad occasion.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Autumn Colours' challenge this weeks and good luck x Susan x

Sue Crease said...

What a beautiful card, I love it. Very calming. Thanks for sharing with us over at Lil patch of crafty friends.

Wendy L said...

Beautiful inside and out,thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Allsorts. Xxx

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful card. love the colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at the Anything Goes Challenge this week at Polkadoodles. Have a creative week. Judy DT Polkadoodles

brenda said...

A beautiful Autumnal creation and perfect for our theme this week, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Bev said...

the sunset you achieved with your pencils is stunning. It's great that you chose to join in the fun at Polkadoodles RIP Bradley x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a beautiful background ...i thought it was embossed
Thank you so much for joining us at the Cuttlebugmania Challenge!
Cuttlebugmania Challenge DT
Dr Sonia

meg said...

A beautiful card for a sad occasion the colours are warm and soothing, Meg Paper Creator

Zoe Tant said...

Beautiful card . Love the texture you've added with the linen card stock. Works really well with your back drop and gorgeous tree. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Zoe x

Angie said...

Gorgeous make, thanks for joining us for the Polkadoodles Blog Challenge.
Angie DT

Furrbster said...

This is such a beautiful creation!

Thanks for sharing it with us at Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at MAWTT, good luck!!! Amy DT

Wendy L said...

A beautiful card , thanks for joining us at MAWTT. Xxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous card, love that background!

Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

Sue said...

Such a gorgeous card! and thanks for joining us at Paper Creator challenge hugs Sue J x

PaperDaisies said...

What a beautifully designed card. Great result. Thank you for sharing your talents with us over at Creatalicious. Hugs Nina

Sandy said...

Love your handmade background. A fab card. Sorry I'm late popping in. Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments Challenge blog.
Hugs, Sandy DT

Melanie said...

A wonderful card!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional thanks” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)