Saturday, January 31, 2015

Have a Heart

New challenge starting today over at Di's Digis Challenge Blog... we want you to include at least one heart on your creation.  Now, I do like to be thorough... so I've added "more" than one... try about a gazillion, lol.  I made a card for my Mum and Dad's Anniversary next Tuesday... their 64th!  I made an easel card because both of them LOVE easel cards, as do I, sweet :-)
The image is "Celebration Moments" available here.  I coloured with Copics, adding some extra shading with Prismacolor pencils, adding some Glossy Accents to the champagne glasses (pink champagne... of course!!) and the bubbles. Papertake Weekly has a Take Your Pick challenge, I'm picking Warm Colours and Fancy Folds 
 
The papers are all digital - a scrapbooking kit called Glitterati Cupid from Just Betsy, it was one of the very first digi kits I bought when I started card making, as the image is new I'm entering the Something Old Something New challenge at Crafty Creations and the Something New challenges at Top Tip Tuesday and Crafty Calendar  
You can see some of the "gazillion" hearts I've added in this close up of the paper used on the horizontal strip.  I punched a border for that strip using a Martha Stewart Doily Hearts punch... I've kept the little hearts that came out and I'm going to make a shaker card using them... one day, lol.  Bunny Zoes Crafts has a Hearts challenge so I'm entering there, Pile It On has Hearts and/or Flowers so in there too, while Little Miss MuffetThat Craft Place and Sweet  Stampin' have Love or Valentine's challenge so I'm entering them as well.  
I used ruby red cardstock from my stash, As You Like It want to know if we prefer Matt or Shiny card/paper... I like Matt as there's a much bigger range of colours, I like the image to "shine" and it's easy enough to add sparkle with embellies :-) I do use pearl paper... and sparkle sometimes, but usually matt.  Oh and I'll be entering Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge as the base of my card is covered in patterned paper!
I added some faux stitching using gel pens.  I followed the sketch from Moving Along With The Times, you can see the "following" better in this picture of the card closed :-))  The sentiment is a Kaisercraft stamp, the ink is Versamark, the pearl hearts are from my stash.  Aud Sentiments wants to see a Valentine's or Love sentiment, I hope an Anniversary is "Love" enough :-) 
On the "inside" of the card, I added a stopper to the centre of the horizontal strip by cutting a cardstock heart with an Mpress Heart die then gluing on a pink (it was white until I Copic-ed it!) resin heart - works a treat
The Paper Shelter and Winter Wonderland have "Lots of Layers" challenges running (and Winter Wonderland is in it's non Christmas phase) so I'm in.  Craft Your PassionSimon Says ChallengePaper Creator CraftsInky ChicksArt by MiranOutlawz Friday Colouring Challenge and Through the Craftroom Door all have Anything Goes challenges running so I'm entering them.
That's it for today's card, hop over to Di's Digis Challenge Blog and check out the rest of the team's work - hope you get a chance to enter the challenge too; there's a great prize on offer from Jaded Blossom Stamps, and if you use one Di's images you go into an extra draw with a prize of a couple of digis, woo hoo!!
I'll be back in a few days - hopefully!  We are going to redeem a voucher tomorrow that my hubby got for his 60th birthday... nine months ago!  It's for a joy flight in a Tiger Moth... he's torn between being excited and terrified (he doesn't even "do" rollercoasters - he used to 'watch the bags' while I took the kids on fair rides!) I'll let you know how he goes.  Mind you we have to ring first thing because they don't fly in thunderstorms and - even though we are in the middle of summer and have had only 8mm (1/3") of rain in the last two MONTHS, you guessed it, there's a thunderstorm forecast tomorrow!  Sigh.
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna :-)

26 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card Donna I love the layout image and all the stitching Ginny x

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card, Donna. Beautiful all details. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Helena x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Donna, such a delightful image. I love the papers and beautiful detailing.
Wishing your Mum and Dad a Happy Anniversary on Tuesday, WOW! 64 years!
I hope your flight goes ahead tomorrow and that you have a fabulous time.
Sue xx

Jacee said...

Gorgeous card Donna, lovely papers and a sweet pretty image
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Colette said...

Gorgeous card Donna, lovely image, great papers and embellies and a big congrats to your parents 64 years wow! that takes some doing, thanks for playing along with the Paper Shelter lots of layers challenge, good luck, hugs, Colette xx

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Donna. Fab image and colouring and I love all your hearts.
Lorraine x

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. Love the colours and image. Congratulations to your parents. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Karen Hasheck said...

What a ​lovely​ card! Thanks for sharing it with us at Through the Craft Room Door. Hope to see you again soon and good luck in the prize draw!

cotnob said...

Hi Donna, thank you for sharing another beautiful card with us at Paper Creator's Crafts.
Pauline
x

Donna Mosley said...

Gorgeous card Donna, love the cute image & beautiful design.

Donna x

CraftYourPassion said...

This is beautiful and a fantastic colouring job too.
Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT

Rachel said...

Such a cute card and I love your colouring.

Thank you for sharing in our love challenge at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Unknown said...

A very romantic and sweet card, love your coloring, especially how you made the faces look 3D. Thank you for joining our 'something old, something new' challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges and good luck in the draw!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Lena said...

Lovely !!! beautiful coloring and I love the image..it`s perfect !!

Thank you for participating in The Paper Shelter utmanning this week. Good luck.
Hug Lena

lalkygirl said...

wow what a fab card ,love the image and papers ..
Thanks for joining us at Auds Sentiment Designs...AND GOOD LUCK
Tracey x

Cass said...

Gorgeous card.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Annie said...

wow stunning - love your choice of papers. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
Ann xxx

Vannessa said...

This is just gorgeous and a fabulous image too. Happy Anniversary to your parents as well. Thank you for joining in The Paper Shelter Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Vannessa
TPS DT

Eileen said...

This is an awww card. Love the image you have used and perfect colours. Thanks for joining in with our 'Lots of Layers' challenge this week at Winter Wonderland, and good luck
Eileen x

Beverley said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining in our 'What's New" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
Hugs
Bev x

mixamatoasties said...

Pretty card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Beautiful card hun, love the image & those papers are scrummy!

Have a great weekend
Hugs Shell xx

Mojca said...

Waw this is so pretty. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. hugs! Mojca

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Donna! Love the papers, design and sweet image! Thanks for joining us for the Little Miss Muffet Love challenge!

Grenouille Greetings said...

Yup there sure are a lot of hearts on this super pretty easel card. Love the base with it's pretty resin centre piece and lovely colouring too. Hugs, Lesley