Sunday, December 07, 2014

Yay!! It's Christmas... at D's Digis too!!

aaargghh!! Just found this in my Drafts, so it's a day late... sorry!!
Well folks, it's THAT time of the year again (uh huh, already!) it's CHRISTMAS!!!!  I love Christmas, which is a good thing as it comes around whether you like it or not, lol.  It being "that" time means it's time for "that" challenge at Di's Digis challenge blog.  I made a card, which is just as well as I've got so few ready every one helps.

This is a "different" sized card for me at 21cm x15cm, I bought a pack of C5 envelopes the other day (I needed one for something else) and I thought to myself... I could make some cards that are big enough to "take" the bigger images I've printed (or more precisely some of the images I've printed out big... after all, the thing about digis is you can print them any size you like!)
The image is called Holly Pudding and you can find it here.  I love Di's meecies :-) there's a few Christmas mice images to choose from, all just as cute as this. The Allsorts Challenges blog has Animal Magic for their theme so I'm entering there.
I coloured with Copics, adding highlights and shadows with Prismacolor pencils.  I added Glossy Accents to the cherries, and a layer of Viva Pearl pen (painted on with a brush) to the plate - impossible to capture in photos!! 
The papers are from Kaisercraft, the green is from the December 25th pad and the horizontal strip is from a 12x12 sheet (I think it's the St Nichloas collection)  Crafty Little Fairies has Holly and/or Ivy for their challenge, I have Holly on the paper and the image, so I'm entering! 
The cardstock for the red and gold mats is from my stash. Hiding in my Craft Room has Holiday Colours... I'm in! The ribbon and the gold flatback "pearls" are also from my stash... and I finally got to use the white pom pom trim I bought from the Ribbon Girls a couple of years ago!  Top Tip Tuesday has Buttons or Bows, I have a bow so I'm entering there.

The sentiment, cut from gold foiled card,  is a Memory Box die - another reason to make "big" cards... it's a pretty big die!  I've bought some Sizzix dies this week that has a smaller version - so I'll keep the MB die for the big guns, lol.
I used the sketch from Stella Says Sketch, great little sketch - very flexible.  I used the same sketch for the inside of the card... nothing new there!
Without Words has a "Christmas, Modern Look" challenge; this card has traditional colours but a "cute" image and "modern" layout so I think it's "modern" enough... I hope it's not over embellished for the Without Words challenge, though there really isn't a lot of "embellishment" on it, so I think I should be right!
 Divas by DesignSimon Says ChallengeCorrosive Challenge, Paper Creator CraftsWhimsy Inspirations ChallengeGem of a ChallengeJingle BellesThrough the Craftroom DoorLittle Miss MuffetThat Craft Place, Pile It OnArt by Miran and Papertake Weekly all have Christmas related or Anything Goes challenges running, so I'm entering them too.
Well that's it for today's card, check out the rest of the team's inspiration, well worth the look, as always :-)  With such a "time relevant" theme, hope to see you participate in the challenge too... there's a great prize on offer from The Cutting Café and if you use one of Di's images you go into an extra draw with a prize of 2 more of those fab digis - giving you the chance at TWO great prizes, woohoo!!
i still hope to sometime soon get something out of my drafts!!  Until then, or the next time I post SOMETHING, Happy Crafting, Donna

15 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Yum that looks good enough to eat fabulous card Ginny x

Anonymous said...

Pretty card love the bow too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Wendy L said...

A lovely, cute image and card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxxx

Margreet said...

Lovely card with great details...thank you for joining us at Divas by Design!
xxx Margreet

Clarissa Schupp said...

So cute, love the very, very cute image and the colours of your sweet work. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at TTT.
hugs Clarissa

Jacee said...

Lovely card Donna. such a great image!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card, I love the cute image and you've coloured them beautifully.
Lorraine x

Sharon said...

This is a gorgeous and beautifully coloured image and I love the design.
Thank you for sharing this with us at Divas by Design.
Hugs Sharon. x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous, love your colouring!
hugs Shell xx

jenn shurkus said...

those mice are so very sweet! and you colored the image beautifully!!! thank you for playing a long with us at simon says stamp!

Jackie said...

Adore the image you h ave used and coloured so beautifully, fabby card. Thank you for sharing with us at ArtbyMiran Challenge Blog. Jackie. DT.

Samantha A. said...

Cute card and great design! Thanks for sharing at Hiding in My Craft Room!
Samantha
–HIMCR DT
Designs by Sammy

Desire Fourie said...

Such a cute image and those little critters are having such a lovely SWEET time.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Jenscrapstoo said...

Great card, love the Christmas colours you have used!! Fun image too!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Anonymous said...

Looks good enough to eat! lol Fabulous colouring! Thanks for joining us over at That Craft Place challenge. Hugs, Erin xx