Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Card Mania Challenge: Your Favourite Colour Combo

There's a new challenge starting today over at the Card Mania Challenge, the theme is "Your Favourite Colour Combo".  Now, I will be totally honest and tell you I got a little mixed up with challenge themes, and wouldn't consider the red and green I've used on my card as my all time Favourite Colour Combo, BUT.... I LOVE Christmas, I've made a Christmas card and my Favourite Colour Combo for Christmas cards is.... this traditional blend, so I sorta, kinda, got it :-)
The image is from Crafts and Me, she is called Poinsettia and I think she's gorgeous - very classy indeed!!  I coloured her with Copics, adding some detail shading and highlights with Prismacolor pencils.  I then added a lot of gold Stickles to the wings, her ribbon and the centre of the poinsettia.
The papers are from Kaisercraft, the card base is actually white, I covered it with more of the paper from the Kaisercraft pad as the subtle pattern on it looked better than plain cardstock.  The flourish is Memory Box Snowflake Corner cut from glittered cardstock, the pearls on the front are mounted on some gold glittery flat backs that I sanded down a bit with an emery board!  On the inside I just cut some very small circles (using the smallest of my Quickutz Circle dies) and stuck the pearls on them... much easier, lol.  The metal flatbacks on the corners of each panel are from my stash.... I bought a thousand of them on the internet and can actually see my supply dropping; I must use them a lot!
I finished the inside of the card to match the outside, it's how I roll, lol. The sentiment is from Tickled Pink Stamps.
Pop on over to Card Mania and check out the rest of the team's work, very inspiring indeed.  I hope you get a chance to enter the challenge, there's a great prize on offer from Digital Delights - I'm actually colouring one of their cute images for a Christmas card I'm working on, with any luck I'll have it posted on here soon - I have just about given up on the idea of getting anything out of my drafts, lol.
As with most people at this time of the year I am very busy... adding in trips to Orthopedic Surgeons and Physiotherapists for my hip is not making my Christmas Shopping any easier, I can tell ya!  I see the Physio again on Friday, and the OS in two weeks; hopefully that will be the end of the intense recovery phase... I'm not even going to discuss my other hip (which apparently needs doing, but isn't bothering me and doesnt' seem to have the Necrosis that all the fuss was about with this one) until next year at least!!
I am entering my card in the following challenges


Metal Somewhere (flatbacks )
Fave Xmas Style (Traditional Colours) and Why (They just say "Christmas" to me!)
Inspired by a Song (Joy to the World)
Lots of Layers
Use Patterned Paper
Digi Sketch Challenge
Theme; Die cuts/punch
Dies and Punches
Anything with Die Cuts
Anything Goes (Christmas Twist)
All About Christmas
It's All About Christmas
Simply Christmas
Happy Everything (pick a holiday)  Christmas!!
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes
Anything Goes

I will be back in a few days, I absolutely WILLLLLL, Until then, Happy Crafting, Donna

15 comments:

Jacee said...

Fabulous card, such a gorgeous image coloured perfectly
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning card Ginny x

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous work! Love the dimensions and details! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Pat K said...

Stunning card Donna. Your colouring is amazing...I can see the fold of her skirt move....beautiful!
Take care. Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter this week. hugs, Pat K x

NanaConnie said...

Exquisite coloring, Donna, and I love your paper choices! wonderful embellishments. I'm so happy to see you playing along in our Anything Goes challenge at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Good luck in the draw. Don't forget our new challenge starts tomorrow and we'd love to see you entering again.
NanaConnie DT

Unknown said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CARD.... you did a fantastic job on it and love the coloring and elegance you bring to it.
Thanks for joining us over at HIMCR for the challenge.
Lisa
Ljcreation.blogspot.com
HIMCR DT

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Stunning colouring and card design Ginny x

Annette said...

Wow, amazing colouring of all those folds in her dress. Gorgeous.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
Without Words Challenge and
As You Like It Challenge.



Mynn xx said...

WOW. My jaw is on the floor! This card is utterly amazing! Your coloring is flawless! I love all of your cards! I'd love for you to come and hop with us at House of Cards if you have the time and would be over the moon if you entered our DT call! I hope you have time to join the fun of the hop--we have prizes! HUGS! :) Mynn

The hop is here: http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/12/end-of-term-blog-hop-prizes.html

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Beautiful card hun, love your colouring of her dress...stunning & all the sparkle, just perfect!
Hugs Shell xx

pinky said...

Oh wow!! This is just stunning!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Little K Smith said...

A stunning card! Your colouring and colours are so lush!
Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland :)
Kelly.x

Kay Dalton said...

oh wow she is just stunning a beautiful card hun , thanks for joining us at That Craft Place

Jackie said...

Stunning colouring, and I love the image. Thank you for sharing with us at ArtbyMiran Challenge Blog. Jackie. DT.

RitaK said...

An extragavant and elegant card. Thanks for joining the ATSC. Hugs Rita