Saturday, August 30, 2014

There's a Bear on the Line

We have a new challenge starting today at Di's Digis Challenge Blog, the theme is All About Animals.  My Animals are of the stuffed variety, I've made a card to welcome a baby girl - I realized I didn't have a single "girl" card on hand when my son asked for one recently, so I've made one.
When my eldest son was born (33 years ago!!) my Father in Law gave him a panda.  He was a very "difficult" man, so this personal gift was of particular significance, the fact that my son loved it was such a bonus.  He loved it so much that when it needed washing (as it got dragged around everywhere it was a regular occurrence) he would sit under the line gazing at it waiting for it to dry - lucky we live in Australia and it usually didn't take too long!  So when Di drew this image, called Washday, I just knew I had to have it, you can get it here
I've used some Copics but mainly Prismacolor pencils to colour, the cloudy background was done using a home made stencil and Kaisercraft ink. 
I used a Memory Box Corner Bow Die (cut up) as "ends" for the clothesline adding a tiny punched flower in glittery white with a Copic-coloured pearl in the centre.  The sentiment is computer generated, Aud Sentiments wants to see a sentiment other than birthday so I'm entering there, Little Red Wagon has Girl Power for their challenge so I'm entering there and Fab'n'funky Challenges has For the Kids so in there too.
I cut two rectangles out of the card base and (finally! I've had it for ages) used one of my new dies, Spellbinders Fancy Lattice to cut panels to fit into them.  I added strips of pearls around the edges, Totally Gorjuss wants to see Pearls, so I'm in.  You can see through to the pink cardstock I used on the inside of the card, to which I added a white jotting panel trimmed with more bits of Memory Box Corner Bow.
That's about it for my CAS card, I have been soooo busy, achieving little to show for it I might add, so I didn't have a lot of time to make this card, but I'm really happy with it. My Mums Craft Shop has a CAS challenge so I'm entering there.  Top Tip TuesdaySimon Says ChallengeArt by MiranBrown Sugar ChallengeSister ActStempelsonneCute Card ThursdayCrafty Girls ChallengeSimon Says ChallengeSimply Create TooSimon Says Challenge and Crafty Calendar ALL have Anything Goes challenges so I'm entering them as well.
Pop over to Di's Digis Challenge Blog and check out the rest of the team's inspiration = awesome!  I hope you get a chance to enter the challenge too, it's a fun theme and there's a great prize from Love Bug Creations - and don't forget that if you use one of Di's fab images you go into an extra draw for an additional prize... win win!! 
That's it from a very wet Perth (we have had the wettest August day in a decade, 50mm or two inches! It's not that cold just WET and we did have enough sunshine to sit at the beach for lunch so not all bad) Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna

14 comments:

Sue said...

Awwwwww such an adorable image and you have coloured it so beautifully. I love how it evokes such fond memories for you too.
The lattice background design looks so pretty and that's a great way to use the corner bow too.
Sue xx

Jacee said...

An absolutely adorable card, I love the image and beautifully coloured too, great work!
Hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....this is just too darn cute. So sweet and just darling...perfect for a sweet baby. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Simply Create Too!

Lorraine said...

I love this Donna. Gorgeous image and the lattice die at the sides looks fab.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Lorraine x

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card and dies Ginny x

Di said...

Hi Donna
Just beautiful and i just love your story! how cute for your son to be waiting for it to dry, I can really see him sitting there looking at the line, of course if he was in the Uk he would have been there all year!! lol!!!
Fabulous card!!!
Hugs Di xxxxx

lalkygirl said...

What a fab little story ...I also can see your son sitting waiting patiently for his fave toy to dry...
Love this cute card you have created and the background looks fantastic
thanks for joining us at Auds sentiments challenge and good luck
Tracey x

Sue U said...

Oh wow, I just love your card, such a fabulous image! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Anything Goes Challenge
Sue

downrightcrafty said...

simply gorgeous love the panels down the side and the super colouring on this sweet image
hugs Kate xx

Bettina L. said...

This is so precious. Love the details with the lattice edges and clouds behind the image too. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday for our previous challenge and so sorry for my a bit late comment. Still hope to see you tag along with our new challenge. Bettina DT Member at Top Tip Tuesday xx

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Donna: Wonderful baby card. Glad you joined in our Simply Create Too Challenge #69 - "Show Us Something New" [& thanks for telling us what 'new' you used].

Blessings,

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Joey said...

Gosh Donna this is too cute, I love the softness of colour you have got on the image, beautiful make, thanks for joining us at art by mi ran. Joey xxx

Unknown said...

This is very cute thanks for joining us at brown sugar and good luck
Hugs Tonnie DT

Pat K said...

Adorable and elegant too! Wonderful job on the colouring as always. hugs, Pat K x