Sunday, February 27, 2011

What, no image?

This is a card I made to add to my emergency stash; my kids are often in need of a card in a hurry and this contemporary style suits them - and I don't mind it either!
 The idea for the colour combination is from The Outlawz Tuesday Colour Challenge for this week, they have "Include Bling" as an element of the challenge, the dots on this card are silver, and of course there's the rhinestones!  I may not have thought of putting these colours together (I don't use green a lot) but I do like strong colours with black, so I probably would have got there eventually!  
This isn't black, to be fair, it is charcoal.  Totally Gorjuss has "Black + Another Colour" as its challenge this time and I hope "charcoal" is the new Black, lol!
All the papers were from my "scraps file": the top one with silver dots on it I have used about five times - not bad from one sheet of 12" paper!  The strip at the bottom is from paper I bought recently and used on this card for our friend Dave; I love the texture of it!  I use scraps a LOT, If it's bigger than a couple of centimetres square I don't throw it out - I keep all of them in document files according to colour groups, it works well for me!
My son (who could wrap gifts for Australia) used the lime green ribbon on a gift to "someone" in the family; usually gift opening (and candle extinguishing/cake eating!) happen at our house and so the ribbon etc gets offered to me - especially if I look pathetically needy, lol.  I must look sufficiently pathetic often, as that's where the rhinestone trim AND the lace came from too!  Delightful Challenges has "Use Your Scraps" as it's theme this week, never a problem for me and nice to get to have a challenge to enter my "scraps" in!  
I used scraps (of my scraps!) to decorate the inside of the card.  The stamp was a Kaisercraft mini set stamped with Stazon ink.  The sentiment on the outside of the card was from Kaisercrafts After Dark 6" collection.
This was the easiest card to make, no image means no colouring and so cuts the time right down - not that my colouring takes the time, it's the getting out, spreading out and replacing of about thirty colours that takes the time!!!!!!!
I absolutely loved making this card, and I'm going to "get on" to making a few more for different occasions.....I may even make a few more in this colour scheme, after all I DO have a load of lime green ribbon to hand!
Until next time, Happy Crafting, Dee

5 comments:

Net said...

Hmm? Is charcoal the new black...... I reckon it may well be!

Thanks for playing Gorjuss with us.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card Donna,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Brenda said...

Donna, this is gorgeous. I am so glad you played along with the color challenge this week at the Outlawz!! I love that bow, and that gorgeous lace!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, Donna! Love that ribbon and your bos is perfectly tied. Thanks for joining our scrappy challenge at Delightful Challenges.

Chelsea said...

A beautiful and elegant card!
Love,
Chelsea