Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Peace at Christmas, Man

The sentiment on this Christmas card reads "Peace", but the image is all-60's when we may very well have been saying "Peace at Christmas, Man"
The photo of this card is not the best, my son has borrowed my good camera and I've basically forgotten how to use my old one, lol!! 
I did this card in response to the challenge at Tickled Pink Stamps for December.  It was a sketch challenge in which you have to use one of the (many) stamps they sell:  No hardship there, as there is a great variety and I have quite a few of them in my arsenal.  As you can see I turned the sketch 90 degrees, but kept in the DL format.  

The image is 60's Willow from the Lil Lolita collection, isn't she groovy baby?!  Check out the peace symbol on her necklace (or would that be leather thong?) Willow is coloured with Copic markers, the edge of the mat is coloured with pigment ink - three colours to get that sort of aubergine/grey colour.  I used Stazon jet black for the sentiment, which is from a Paper Xtra set I got in my local scrapbooking shop.
The background paper is Figgy Pudding, the strips are from a Making Memories sheet, both of which I got in Spotlight (I think, lol)  Three little pearls finish the card off.  A nice easy card using a straightforward sketch - gotta love that for your Christmas cards, lol.
Thanks for looking and until next time, Happy Crafting, Dee


1 comment:

Brenda said...

What a darling card. I have never seen this image before. You colored her wonderfully!! Great paper choices as well. May have to check out the challenge.