Sunday, November 07, 2010

First Anniversary Already!

I can't believe it is my son and daughter-in-law's wedding anniversary already, the time has just FLOWN!
 
This card is one that I helped my Mum make for them, she chose the image because the rose is the same colour as the roses Elaine had in her bouquet, which means they are the same colour as the flowers I made for the wedding cake, a post of which I have never done: that will be rectified very soon! 
This card is another one in the DL format, like the Christmas card I did recently: I said I'd be making more, and it is a nice change to follow through with something!  
The background paper is a soft pink pearl, you can see the shimmer (sort of) in the close up photo.  I embossed it with the "Textile" folder from Cuttlebug as it has a similar pattern to the black paper, which is left over from their wedding invitations and bonbonniere boxes, nice to refer to the wedding in their anniversary card (mum's idea, not mine!).
I applied the sentiment sticker on to pink paper, then cut and embossed it with my oval Nestabilities, matted it on the black paper cut with a Nestabilities Scalloped Oval then stuck that straight to the card.  It's unlike me to not use foam dots, but I wanted the butterfly (cut from scraps using my NEW and lovely butterfly punch from Martha Stewart) to stand out, so the rest of the card needed to be "flatter".  The body of the butterfly is a string of crystals, I cut the top one close to the edge of the next crystal so the the string was left to look like antenna - just in case you thought I just did a cr**py job of cutting, lol!
I think I'll enter this card in the Flutter By Wednesdays challenge for this week, it has an "open" theme and of course it has a butterfly on it!  I had a trawl around but couldn't really find any other challenges it would suit - never mind there are always more cards in the cosmos just waiting to be created!
have made a card for Matt & Elaine's anniversary also, which I will upload to the computer later and will "do" a post on then; time is tight as work is mad at the moment- we are in the "silly season" for swimming pools, now until Christmas.  Have a good one, Dee

No comments: