Monday, October 25, 2010

Wedding Wishes

This card is one I did for my son's friend Sue-Lyn who got married on the weekend.  It is just a simple card, but I think it has an elegance to it that is appropriate for Sue, who is that rare combination of elegance and sweetness.
It is an off white pearl card, the centre panel is embossed with the "Kimmie Luvs" embossing folder from Cuttlebug then mounted on gold metallic board.  The sentiment is computer generated printed on the pearl paper (note to self: ink takes a bit longer to dry on pearlised paper, so don't handle it until dry or you will have to reprint it - possibly twice if you are slow on the uptake ho hum) and cut out and embossed using my oval Nestabilities, mounted on gold board also cut and embossed with Nestabilities - scalloped ovals.  
The gold brads in the corners help tie it together, I did try crystal brads but they somehow looked "wrong".
So here's to the Bride and Groom, I hope they have long life and happiness together.  
Incidentally that is the one of the greatest compliments my husband ever paid to me: He is not a natural public speaker, quite shy really, and when giving a speech as Best Man at a wedding he said he wished the couple the sort of happiness he had found in his marriage to his lovely wife- me (aahhh, brought a tear to MY eye, and still does because I know how difficult it is for him to bring attention to "him and his").
Anyway, enough of the soggy stuff, got to go and do my hubbys laundry, lol

No comments: