Thursday, September 23, 2010

Time to say "Happy Father's Day"

Well actually the time has come and gone to say "Happy Father's Day" - it was a few weeks ago!  I have just got around to posting pictures of this card, that I did for my dad.
The image came from a sheet I bought some time ago, it doesn't have a name on it, so I have no idea who the manufacturer is, but it is a great sheet: It has several images involving time (watches, grandfather clocks etc) in this vintage style that seems so suitable for mens' cards.  The tag was from the sheet too, one of several. I found the sheet in my stash when I went to put away the NEW sheet I bought (a really great Graphic 45 sheet) to make dad's card - it was a cross between  'oh dear' and 'it feels like Christmas' finding it - I'm sure you know what I mean, lol.

The circle embellishment is  from Kaisercrafts Le Chateau 6x6 collection, as is the polka dot paper (the dots are shiny). These little collections are really good, having some plain prints (is that a contradiction in terms?)  and some "feature" sheets like embossing, flocking, glitter or foil. 
I matted the image up on some black Leathercraft card and threaded some gold ricrac cord through the tag, the letters are stickers - the coppery gold colour is a really good match for the gold cord.  Dad really liked it - I hope you do too.
It was a bit more elaborate than the one I did for my darling hubby - but he's not my dad, so technically it was a sort of "bonus" card: He loves pigs so I did this little five-minute job with some bits left over from my dad's card and some scraps (it is only about 8cm or 3" square). I embossed the gold filler board with Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder and popped the little piggy on foam dots. Hubby got the joke.

No comments: