Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sunflower Emma Says Thanks

Todays offering is a card I did for my mum to give to her neighbour by way of thanks for some of the little things she does for her and my dad; in this instance she had brought over a beautiful 2 course meal for them - and she is a GREAT cook!  I hope this lovely neighbour liked her thank you card .
I used Dusty Pink cardstock, the patterned paper is from a new 6" pack I bought (yes, another one; like I don't already have enough!) from Prima, "Fairy Flora".  It is absolutely gorgeous, with soft colours and brights that aren't too bright.  There are some nice prints and also subtle backgrounds, the colour range is off white to chocolate brown with everything in between, I can see me using it a lot - I may have to go and get some more!  
This card was made to a sketch for the Tickled Pink monthly challenge which runs to the 8th of the month (http://tickledpinkstampmonthlychallenges.blogspot.com/) so I'll enter it there, I got top 5 last month and now I'm hooked!  

Flutterby Wednesday has a weekly challenge, this week the theme is "pink" so I used some of the pink colours from my pad as well as the pink cardstock, the butterfly ribbon and brad fulfill the main criteria for the challenge, which is that your project have a butterfly angel or fairy on it, pop over and have a look -  http://flutterbywednesdays.blogspot.com  

The image is from CC Designs, she is "Sunflower Emma" from the Take a Seat set, which is apparently only available (from http://www.allthatscraps.com/) until 20th September.  It is a great little set, digi for me of course! I coloured her with my usual eclectic mix of media, though this time I did her hair and the wall in Copics as well, as I have added a couple of browns to my collection (E35 and E37).  The lightest colour in her hair is a yellow Bic Sharpie and the lightest colour in the wall is E51, which I use for skin.
I used pigment inks for most of the rest of the colouring, I "pounced" the brush on her top to give it a bit of texture (I wanted it to look knitted).                                                                                                                                                  The mat for the image is layered on foam dots, I cut the wall out and put it on one layer of foam dots, then cut Emma out and put her on one layer at the wall and a double layer at the top (so she was the same distance from the background at her head and her feet), it is quite "3D" which never shows up well in photos!  The mat for the sentiment is treated much the same; stuck directly onto the image on one side and on one layer of foam dots on the card side                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
The sentiment is stamped in StazOn ink, I think it is from Hero Arts "Everyday Sayings", but I can't remember and I don't have the packaging anymore.                                                                                               Thanks for looking and feel free to leave a comment, Donna 

No comments: