Sunday, August 29, 2010

Seas the Day





This is Current Ebbtide, from CC Designs Sweet November collection, isn't she GORGEOUS!


I used pearl cream card as a base, the patterned papers are from Kaisercraft Gypsy Sisters 6"x6" collection. The sentiment is computer generated.  I painted Ms Ebbtide with Jo Sonja paints and highlighted her hair and headpiece with white gel pen.
The starfish were from a $2 shop: there were all sorts in a packet including starfish, butterflies and hearts - all of which I will get to use, the air bubbles are pearls from a different set of embellishments from the same shop. 
 I DO love a bargain!!!  The rhinestones on her belt add a bit of glamour.  I added glitter to the tail by mixing embossing powder and glitter together , sprinkling it on to the tail (which had a light coat of adhesive spread on it)  then heat setting - as described  here on Tori Wild's Blog. Once she was finished I cut her out and pop-dotted her on to the card. The border at the bottom came in the Gypsy Sisters collection, I punched it with a corner punch manoeuvred around to fit the "bumps" and embossed it with the Textile embossing folder from Cuttlebug, all the different textures on this card make it quite interesting. My son Chris bought me some vellum for Mothers Day that has starfish printed on it, just perfect for the inside of this card, I must get some more as I am just going to HAVE to make more mermaid cards, I had such fun!! 

No comments: